Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Central Window Cleaners

Help approaching letting agents
« on: March 01, 2006, 11:46:56 am »
I am looking for advise on how to approach our local letting agents regarding window cleaning and possibly including our flyers in there letting packs. We have about 20 letting agents in the area we cover, can anyone advise on the best ways to approach this please?

Grafters Cleaning Services

Re: Help approaching letting agents
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 04:42:47 pm »
someone correct me if i'm wrong

but i don't think the agents are too worried about the window cleaning

they would leave that to the tenant

jay
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

AdamSouth

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 06:21:53 pm »
my girlfriend is in charge of mantance for a big lettings agent where i live in hampshire and they have about 900 properties on their books. they do sometimes have tanners ring in asking if they know a window cleaner but to be honest they move after about 6months or a year so it ain't that good.

i don't think they would put the leaflat in their letters unless you paid them well cos its more work for them and they are all tight asses.

what i'd do if you was really that keen was go into the office and ask to speak to someone in lettings and tell them your a window cleaner and leave them a business card, when a tennet rings and ask about a window cleaner they will be able to give them your number

i get some business this way but its mainly miles away and then they move after 6months so i don't do it much
Giving you a better view

WavieDavie

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 05:28:58 pm »
You should try and contact property managers or factors. They're the type who will be looking for regular cleans at managed properties/estates.

You get firms who are property managers AND letting agents, but letting agents are the folk who know a flat is going to be vacated at least two months before, cos they've got to get the paperwork organised in advance, and then phone you in the morning saying the new folk are moving in that afternoon, you've got to drop everything else you're doing to keep them happy, and if you don't they never pass you any work again.

Oh, and they always pay as soon as your invoice goes in - NOT!

Do I sound biased?
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 06:57:45 pm »
Central Windows ,you have mail

Rich  P @ F
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

dai

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 09:44:20 pm »
I don't know if I'm unlucky here, but most of the problems I have regarding payment
is with tenants. The rents charged these days usually means customers of short duration.
So many times I have gone to do a job only to find the place empty, and I'm often owed for at least one previous clean too. When I see a "To let" sign go up I make a mental note to avoid the place. Dai

Central Window Cleaners

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2006, 10:50:24 am »
Hi P @ F, my spam blocker deleted your email, could you please send it again I have changed the setting to allow everything through.  Thank you.

Thank you to everyone else for the comments i will give them a try I will have to get out and do some leg work and visit each office to leave them some cards and fliers.

Art

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2006, 11:00:43 am »
Why not contact cleaning companies in your area, we do end of tenancy stuff and to be honest external windows are more hassle for us than there worth.

We always sub contract the work out.

Arthur

Central Window Cleaners

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2006, 11:21:46 am »
Thanks Arthur, I will give that a try. Looks like I am going to have a long list of calls to make but hey thats business.

P @ F

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2006, 11:22:26 am »
CENTRAL , YOU HAVE MAIL AGAIN , WELL YOU SHOULD HAVE ANYWAY !
ITS NOT MUCH BUT IT WORKED OUT WELL FOR ME

P @ F
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !