Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

EXTREME 25 and 47 ft poles
« on: June 18, 2013, 08:22:13 am »
so to the guys that have these poles.how much lighter,more rigid are they than the slx and supermax poles?

im happy with my poles but when i come to replace im thinking of buying these 2 poles for all my work.

is the collapsed length of the 25 extreme the same as the 25  SLX?

ive picked up 15 new regular window cleaning jobs this last week without even trying.some are medium size commercial,large domestic and run of the mill domestics.im pretty much poling all day/every day these days so was just thinking these poles will cut down strain even more than the SLX range!!

im also picking up more add ons like solar panel cleaning,soffit and fascia cleans as well as conny roofs.

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

Re: EXTREME 25 and 47 ft poles
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 10:28:05 am »
I've got the 47' extreme. Superb piece of equipment.

Will be getting an extreme 25' shortly for my everyday use. Ill pass my SLX 25' on.

Ian101

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 11:48:42 am »
I borrow a 47 extreme  with 1 extension so 52 ft total for an 8 weekly commercial job and its is so brilliant u have to try one to appreciate it - took 2 to 3 hours off this job with this pole.

Can an exteme 25 take daily use day in day out or too fragile ?

LBWCS

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 12:16:05 pm »
I borrow a 47 extreme  with 1 extension so 52 ft total for an 8 weekly commercial job and its is so brilliant u have to try one to appreciate it - took 2 to 3 hours off this job with this pole.

Wow that sounds good. I may be looking at the extreme to go upto 60ft. Is it still fairly stable at 50ft?

g.brookes

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 05:38:34 pm »
ive got the 25ft extreme and the extreme extensions to take it to 44ft.
Ive had my 25ft for nearly two years and in the time ive had to replace the end tape twice and change one clamp as it came loose.
Ive drop my pole multiple times ever week.  Yes its very scratched but it has never broken.  In my opinion it is not fragile at all, i give it a right battering!
The way that I justify the extra 300 quid or whatever compared to the slx is over the two years ive had it, that £150 extra a year.  Just over a tenner a month.  The lightness of the pole leaves you with far more energy and far less neck/shoulder/back/arm strain.
So in a month the amount of more work you can get done, and the injuries you avoid, its well well well worth the £10 a month. 
No one needs a mercedes van, or an ionic system, but you do need to use the lightest pole.  Its THE most important thing in this job

robert mitchell

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 06:03:55 pm »
soory to hijack the thread but.....

how are you finding the transit custom matt?

what model do you have as im thinking of getting one .
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

windiewasher

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 06:55:04 pm »
Stick with your slx's and smax daz
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 07:23:04 pm »
so to the guys that have these poles.how much lighter,more rigid are they than the slx and supermax poles?

im happy with my poles but when i come to replace im thinking of buying these 2 poles for all my work.

is the collapsed length of the 25 extreme the same as the 25  SLX?

ive picked up 15 new regular window cleaning jobs this last week without even trying.some are medium size commercial,large domestic and run of the mill domestics.im pretty much poling all day/every day these days so was just thinking these poles will cut down strain even more than the SLX range!!

im also picking up more add ons like solar panel cleaning,soffit and fascia cleans as well as conny roofs.

regards

dazmond

The best way I can describe it is going from a SLX to an Xtreme is like going From a CLX to a SLX- and then a bit more!! ;)

Ian101

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 07:30:33 pm »

Wow that sounds good. I may be looking at the extreme to go upto 60ft. Is it still fairly stable at 50ft?

60 foot dont know cos only go up to 50ft but at 50ft no issues at all ... the job I use it on is a 4 storey apartment block with skylights in the roof dotted all over the place ... used to use a big heavy brodex on it which due to its weight you could not walk around with it extended plus to extend it was a ball ache as well ... so u would heave it up into place and do 1 skylight then collaps it down move to next position anf heave it up again etc etc but with the 47 extreme once your used to it and so long as your careful and can walk adjacent to the roof line in case it goes then possible to walk from skylight to skylight and like i say saves hours !!

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2013, 07:57:49 pm »
I got the 25' with 44' extensions too. Amazing kit. I use my 25' everyday, it can handle it!

ben M

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2013, 07:59:14 pm »
why?

windiewasher

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2013, 08:04:34 pm »
why?
So he can tell everyone what the best poles are
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2013, 09:11:48 pm »
soory to hijack the thread but.....

how are you finding the transit custom matt?

what model do you have as im thinking of getting one .

Great van. 2.2 short wheel base. It's got a 650 litre system fitted. Handles it all very well.

I've got the trend model. Bit steep on juice if your a tad heavy on the right foot though. Reckon you could get 33 to the gallon if you were careful, but I average out at 30.

robert mitchell

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2013, 09:30:54 pm »
Thanks matt.

WHat horsepower did you go for ?
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

SPE

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2013, 09:34:08 pm »
why would you need an extreme 47 and 25  apart from needing to lighten your wallet ?  ??? you;ve got both poles in the 47 just remove or add some sections when needed, your weeks away from needing to worry about that yet anyway because you've just upgraded all your clamps to the best thing since protectaballs  :D ;D

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2013, 09:42:35 pm »
Thanks matt.

WHat horsepower did you go for ?
[/]

mrwindows

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2013, 09:50:18 pm »
I have both poles and a 22slx for domestics.
I hardly use the slx, feels like it's made of lead.
using the xtreme upto 60ft is a doddle, gets a bit hairy at 80ft though.
worth every penny and then some.

Carl@Cwc

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2013, 09:58:39 pm »
has the extreme got the new clamps?

i use an slx 22 for 95% of my work and add extensions for 2 days work.

been contemplating a extreme 25 to lighten load a bit, would my add ons to 22slx fit an extreme 25 ?
alex if u read this or anyone who knows pls reply

DeLuce

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2013, 10:52:48 pm »
I've had the 25slx & 35slx for a couple of years now, they have been excellent. When the sale came on, I bought the Xtreme 25 and twin extension packs upto 44'. I was grinning like a Cheshire cat on the first day of using it. More rigid than the slx and, of course, lighter. The 25 is my everyday pole and I'd say it has made my working day less of a strain, noticeably easier over conny roofs or extensions.
Worth shelling out for them imo.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2013, 06:30:22 pm »
I've been using the 25 since it came out, so well over 2 years now.  Before the xtreme I'd get tennis elbow repeatedly, and that was using an slx 25 but now my elbows never give me pain.  The only reason I can see for not buying the xtreme is that you don't have the income from work to justify it, however if window cleaning is your mainstay even if your only part time then it's the sensible thing to do.

By the way after 2 years and a lot of windows I've only just changed the top 2 sections and that was due me being over zealous with some glue and getting the sections stuck together.  With the new clamp design these poles are unbeatable.

Simon