Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bobplum

"cleaning in the rain" letter
« on: May 31, 2013, 07:42:55 pm »
I dont wish to get involved in the cleaning in the rain debate....but i am preparing a letter for all customers to explain that from now on we will be working more in the rain,light to moderate, and would like to put on the letter a few links to information or videos explaining why we can clean in the rain, using WFP, as anyone got any links, info i can use

cheers

Richys best mate..Bob :D

Lee GLS

Re: "cleaning in the rain" letter
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 07:52:06 pm »
i have started working in the rain more, when a customer says something, all i say is the rain will not affect the cleaning, but if they do have any problems, i guarantee the work and to call me and i will come back to redo any windows that have problems.

They have all been fine with this. If they are long standing customers, i do not feel a letter is necessary.

combat1

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 07:59:05 pm »
don't make it too complicated, just put English weather is unpredictable but our customers don't like unpredictable service. Its dust and pollen etc that make your windows dirty not the rain. then offer a 24hr guarantee. if not satisfied call us within 24 hrs for a reclean.
Worked really well for me for around 10 years. Never had a call back or lost a customer.
 that's the gist of my rain guarantee, All the best.

PoleKing

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 08:10:52 pm »
Don't write a letter.
It's an invitation for the customer to bin you.
Turn up, crack on.
Say nothing unless questioned.
If you are-offer a guarantee.
Mortgage still goes out whatever the weather.
I make light a little but to diffuse sometimes.
Say something like 'don't worry I won't charge you more cause I'm working in the rain.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

lee_dewing

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 08:18:41 pm »
PLEASE READ

A letter from Lee your Window Cleaner.

Dear Customer just to let you know
I am now working Saturdays to
provide a more regular service,
I should visit all my 220 customers on a calendar month (4.3 weeks).

Unfortunately the last few winters and now the excessively wet spring and summer have caused  large delays to my schedule and great financial difficulty.
I am running a legitimate business and this is my sole source of income.

So I have also decided to now work more in wet weather.
(Obviously not Heavy Rain!).

I guarantee my work, so if you my valued customer were ever to be unhappy with the finish to your windows after they have dried, then please call me to re-clean any offending window(s)

Thank you for your custom and taking the time to read this letter.

I gave out this letter to about a third of my round got about 5 custies debating over it.

TBA. I've come to the conclusion of what others on the post said work when you want, if custie that unhappy then they can turn you away.
I wouldn't volunteer they miss a clean..

But can't control the weather or the custies opinions ::)roll

How the standing order only customer canvassing going BOB?
hope maybe a few lines in letter saves you typing :D
Lee
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

bobplum

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 10:39:06 pm »
ref standing order: going well all new custys told the two options are S/O OR BACS some go for the bacs but after a while i try to make them go to s/o and its working well

I may not do the letter just talk to them, saying that most are not in so i will not have trouble there..............if being honest its probably my attitude to the rain that needs changing :o

CleanClear

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 10:51:10 pm »
i have started working in the rain more, when a customer says something, all i say is the rain will not affect the cleaning, but if they do have any problems, i guarantee the work and to call me and i will come back to redo any windows that have problems.

They have all been fine with this. If they are long standing customers, i do not feel a letter is necessary.
I have the same approach as you Lee. MY mate who has a larger round has put out rain letters and the response was quite interesting. Most upon reading it where like.........oh, so the rain is no problem then, oh thats good........it was like they'd believe it because it was written (or typed/printed) out. Whereas if you just tell them they only half believe you !!
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

formb

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2013, 12:57:51 am »

We put out a letter; only to new customers. You are making work for yourself and asking for trouble.

Very few people care. Those that do are normally fine when you explain that all work is guaranteed.

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2013, 08:08:46 pm »
I think a letter could quite easily be interpreted and a consent to clean in wet weather. AS it is you that will suffer more by been wet.Why would you ash or tell your customer. Just give a guarantee in small print on your literature.Just clean as what will suit you.Its your business