Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stu Wallace

Sunday enquiries
« on: June 02, 2013, 12:52:18 pm »
Just had a phone call enquiry at 12.30pm about window cleaning and could I do a quote tonight.  Had a call last sunday aswell.

Does anyone get calls on sunday?

dave0123

Re: Sunday enquiries
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 12:55:00 pm »
in the past i've had calls on sundays, bank holiday mondays ...calls at 9 pm at night etc etc very odd
Dave.

PAUL ERITH

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 01:05:49 pm »
When i get calls like this i make them wait for a quote for a few days then do the clean the following weeks cuts out the one off time wasters that only want them done quick because of friends or family coming round at the weekend  ;) ;)

Paul

windiewasher

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 02:26:32 pm »
I quote over the phone.never mess about going to a house to quote it.
Ask how many windows?
How many doors?
Conservatory?
What sort of property?
Give them a price based on that and quote them a price saying it could be slighly higher.
I never bother going to houses to quote.had 100 new custys in 2 months and not been to quote one.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

colin purewater

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 02:33:23 pm »
Got an email yesterday morning for a window clean
At 04.18 am !

I can think of better things to be doing at
That time of the night
keep it simple

Stu Wallace

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 03:47:39 pm »
They did sound like timewasters ! Will quote tomorrow and see what they say then.

Geoff

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 04:38:54 pm »
When this happens, don't answer.

Make note of their number if you can and then call them back at 3am to say you are returning their call and can you go around at 3.30 and give them a quote.

Works for me.

Never hear from them again.  Result.

Emails I don't mind.

PoleKing

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2013, 05:45:17 pm »
Majority of my work is in one area code, which I only answer 6-6 Monday to Friday. Mobiles-if I don't know them I'll answer if I'm not doing anything.
Emails-even in the middle of the night, if I'm up checking-doesn't matter when it's sent.
Could be a night worker. Some if my customers work nights but I've never met them. Great customers.
No right or wrong on this I don't think
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

ascjim

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2013, 06:33:33 pm »
I have a separate phone for the business, so i turn it off! I'm only a window cleaner 5 days out of the week. It's not my life and i do get voice mails left on Sundays.

Maybe these people think they are doing us a favor by letting us clean there windows so they believe  that it's ok to ring on a sunday :/

brianbarber

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2013, 11:01:31 pm »
When i get calls like this i make them wait for a quote for a few days then do the clean the following weeks cuts out the one off time wasters that only want them done quick because of friends or family coming round at the weekend  ;) ;)

Paul
When suns out or Christmas, charge double for first cleans when I get the messer vibe.....
Usually custy puts up o shuts up....

Mr B
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!