Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pure window cleaning
« on: March 12, 2006, 08:00:18 pm »
hi i've been water fed window cleaning for approx 1 year now had a customer say to me that when he gets his house painted its just rendered at the mo me washing windows with water will encourage mould and stuff to grow on his walls anyone had this kind of complaint? must admit my first reaction was to ask what happens when it rains! but i never asked will just wait and see what happens!  :o

Pole2pole

Re: Pure window cleaning
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 08:44:21 pm »
Tell him if he's that worried Callum, that he should probably cancel you just to be on the safe side, as you dont wanna be responsible for any external damage to his property. Play it cool and i'm sure he'll day something like..."Oh there will be no need for that". Then you insist that you really meant what you said, to which he will repeat what he said.....to which you end up with bumping the price up £20 as he's got you really concerned now  ;D Oh if only i could practice what i preach   :D

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 07:29:39 am »
...had a customer say to me that when he gets his house painted its just rendered at the mo me washing windows with water will encourage mould and stuff to grow on his walls anyone had this kind of complaint?

To have your house painted costs around £400 to £500 per coat of paint + materials (although there's probably regional differences).

I reckon your customer is feeling he's spending too much on house-maintenance costs and wants to cut-back somewhere. 

He doesn't want to say he can't afford you, so he's comming up with another excuse.

It happens!

stephen

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 05:57:31 pm »
tell him to use a good water proof paint not cheep rubbish

JohnL

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 07:25:30 pm »
regretably water hanging on rendered walls - especially North facing, does quickly attract mould growth and has to be powered washed carefully every year or two. But I would not have considered the amount of water used in wfp would cause a problem for quite a long time - unless it is literaly being flooded on in huge quantities.

Of course you could always put some fungicidal wash in your system to counteract this   :)

ONLY JOKING   ;D ;D ;D

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

simbo

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2006, 08:28:16 pm »
does he think you can stop the rain also "after all window cleaners don't like rain"
cheers simb0