Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Quarry windows
« on: April 16, 2013, 09:38:25 pm »
I have to do a RAMS for a quarry windows, 5 separate buildings on site.

I have helped a mate with it for a while but last time we had to sit through their H&S induction.

We were asked to show our ladder training certificate as well as training for using any other equipment we brought on site.

They also require a full RAMS. Personally I'm not fussed with the job as it's messy and teaming with H&S issues.

I know the working at height issues and the problems working around moving vehicles but what other factors would you suggest I look at for the RAMS

AuRavelling79

Re: Quarry windows New
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 09:50:05 pm »
I do a factory/quarry with moving vehicles and I simply provided them with a Risk Assessment and Management statement about two pages long. Every year I have to email my employers and public liability certs. Don't use ladders anyway.

They wanted me to go to their head office two hundred miles away and pay £500 for a two day contractors industry specific course.

I said, look I'm here once a month, go to the same windows every time, put out my cones wear hiviz and have done a risk assessment for overhead power cables, moving vehicles, spillages and icy conditions.

Is there any other danger you'd like to point out to me and I'll redraft the Risk Assessment and Management of same?

Um, errr no that's fine.

And in fairness when one of their dept managers was all cut up about one of the groups forklifts taking out one of their own office workers on a different site I agreed to sit through their moving vehicle awareness DVD and sign their paperwork.

I would not have done the £500 course unless the contract was worth at least £5000. It isn't so I requested a common sense approach and got it.
It's a game of three halves!