Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

TomSE

Water Production Suddenly Slowed and TDS Up
« on: April 15, 2013, 08:20:24 pm »
Hi fellas as above have had a new pure freedom RO and DI for around 2 months now, until now has nearly always been producing at 000pm and fairly quickly. probably 25 litres an hour. Just yesterday started producing at 003ppm and at half the speed. I have flushed the system today and yesterday and this has not helped.

I've only been producing around 75 litres a day and only a few days a week as just starting out wfp. For this reason I can't see the problem being the resin running out. So in 2 months I've probably only produced around 2000 litres. I have flushed the system regularly (every few days for around 5 mins) and also flushed whenever it hasnt been used for more than a day. So should all be in good condition.

Any ideas what is could be? Or anyone has similar problems?

elite mike

Re: Water Production Suddenly Slowed and TDS Up
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 08:35:24 pm »
cold weather slows the production down .

what gpd is it .

TomSE

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 08:43:16 pm »
Thing is the last few days have been the warmest since I bought it! Its 450 gpd. Water before RO is around 320ppm same as it has been since purchase.

For example of the speed now its been running for an hour and 40 mins and produced around 11 litres. Still at 003ppm. It is not set to flush.

scottt24

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 08:48:31 pm »
I keep a semi regular log of tds readings after RO and after DI, this can come in handy if you have tds problems
What size resin vessel are you using
What is the tds reading after RO as this might explain why your reading has gone up
Resin doesn't last forever
Even when I'm not using much water I try to empty the holding tank so I can leave the water running for longer, don't know why but my resin seems to perform better when it gets a longer run rather than short bursts
As for the speed I would check for blockages (unlikely, but won't hurt ) or it might be something simple like water pressure problems in your area
Thanks,
              Scott

scottt24

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 08:51:08 pm »
Also make sure you disconnect your resin when flushing
Thanks,
              Scott

elite mike

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 08:52:01 pm »
when you flush disconnect  the resin filter , otherwise this will deplete the resin

i have the 200gpd unit which  produces 1000 ltrs in 2 days  at 120 psi and 230 tds normally

does slow down with the cold weather tho

TomSE

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 09:06:21 pm »
Thank you Scott and Mike, unreal I never even thought of disconnecting the DI when flushing  :o

learn something new everyday! Cheers fellas.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 09:31:33 pm »
I had mine slow to a trickle a couple of times - the paper and chlorine filters had started to clog. The second time I had to replace the membranes after about 18 months.

Flush regularly, change filters regularly.

I have an input pressure gauge which sits rock steady at 82psi normally - it had dropped to about 60psi because of the clogged pre-filters when the speed slowed.
It's a game of three halves!

Spruce

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 09:42:27 am »
Thing is the last few days have been the warmest since I bought it! Its 450 gpd. Water before RO is around 320ppm same as it has been since purchase.

For example of the speed now its been running for an hour and 40 mins and produced around 11 litres. Still at 003ppm. It is not set to flush.

Its the temperature of the water that counts, not the day temperature. The water coming out of our tap is freezing cold.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)