Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

roo

which van?
« on: February 20, 2006, 09:58:55 pm »
i got 2000 to spend on a van.thinking of a vw transporter 1.9 d or merc vito or possibly nissan  or toyota.whats the most reliable with reasonable payload for wfp?cheers ???

Paul Coleman

Re: which van?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 10:25:21 pm »
i got 2000 to spend on a van.thinking of a vw transporter 1.9 d or merc vito or possibly nissan  or toyota.whats the most reliable with reasonable payload for wfp?cheers ???

Just my personal experience wih vehicles over the years tells me that Japanese are more reliable generally.  However, if tyou get an older one and a big part needs replacing, it can cost more.  It's just that they tend to be generally more reliable in my experience.

Try    http://www.whatvan.co.uk/search.asp

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 11:35:35 pm »
hi

just my two pence , to be honest you will get high mileage vans for 2k if you going for vito or transporter , you might need to go for something a bit smaller ie expert , scudo , and my experience with high mile vans is they dontt last i have had 4 in the past year , i now have a scudo 70k on the clock and paid 1500 for it s reg drives lovely 800kg payload and twin side doors

shawn
If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

master cleaner

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 11:55:21 pm »
ive got the citreon dispatch 1.9td 900kg payload , the good thing about this van apart from the 2 side sliding doors is that it is the same as the fiat scudo and the pegeot expert and is economical and if you need spare parts you have a choice of 3 vans to get them from
it also has 3 seats which comes in handy

gary

marc al

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 08:48:22 am »
  It is not unusual for a regularly serviced vito to do 500,000 miles, I also know of one that has done over 600k.
   Your biggest problem will be the body work, and consumables, when wheel bearings and the like start to go it can start to cost alot of money.

Marc

leegooner

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 10:54:02 am »
go for the biggest one you can afford
2ltr+ nothing worse than under powerd
ive got a vito108D lovely van, 400 ltr
tank when full still working hard
( like a rocket when empty) :)

steve massey

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 01:07:49 pm »
i had a 51 plate vito and had a lot of problems with injectors breaking it had only done 40k. But my friend has a vito thats done 180k and still going strong i recon i had a bad one.
I have traded it in for a new long  vito. I would have gone for a toyota but the local toyota dealer did not take me serious when i walked in to the showroom in old clothes and a base ball cap.

If i had £2000 to spend on a van i would go for toyota they are a bit heavy on fuel but they run for years

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2006, 03:19:08 pm »
toyota hiace are top notch vans ,, they have the 104bhp 2.4 d motors in them go on forever

shawn

roo

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2006, 11:42:19 pm »
thanx 4 advice lads.thinking id get a  lot more choice if i go for a transit diesel,swb.what do you think?reliability wise as well?

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2006, 11:13:47 am »
they are good vans too , a bit plain but they do the job . excellent work horses. cheap to repair

;D

rah

Re: which van? New
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2006, 07:10:20 pm »
Been running a Toyota Hiace 96 P now for 3 yrs.....

starts everyday without hesitation, been through three M O T.

Only thing with 2k, you may struggle to find a good one..

Good Luck with your searching, 1 thought, if poss get one with twin rear doors, i have lift back, but you can use the doors to hold fluids etc.

Rob
Life used to be full of up's and downs....now i hardly ever get up a ladder :) .

Trevor Knight

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2006, 07:24:19 pm »
Have a Peugot Expert with 650 litre tank, handles well, little slow but otherwise really good van, am getting another one in next moth for the next set of opertaives and will be defo looking for the same expert van. I would recommend it in this industry.
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Lee.

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2006, 09:21:04 am »
I have a nissan vanette, in my opinion its a great looking van and is very comfortable, I actually feel like Im driving a car but a bit higher. It seems really good on fuel too although it's a 2.3d I put the same amount of money in it as my family car. The only dissapointment is the payload, about 800kg, but I only plan to use a 400 ltr tank anyway. So it's just the job for me but if you want a bigger payload then it's not van for you.

Lee

Spoonbill1970

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2006, 09:53:15 am »
Hello all,

I Have a run a Fiat Doblo for the last couple of years.

Just a wee word of warning if you are thinking of buying one.
They look good, decent payload, twin sliding doors etc and cheap compared to similarly sized Transit Connect.
However...
Mine is an '02 plate and it is the 1.9 SX NON-TURBO diesel engine. It is a lemon!  There is a known fault with these engines which eventually require the cylinder head to be replaced. Friend had his done a week before I needed mine done. £1500!!! Ouch. Very! Just out of warranty too, so I have taken a scunner to it.
Seems Fiat have modified the engine, but if you are looking at one of these vans, caveat emptor.
Not sure if the Scudo uses the same engine.

Jonathan

PS Mine is for sale. New MOT last week, 68,000 miles on the clock, One previous owner, etc, etc, etc, ;)