Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

from edge2edge

sapphire on curtains or not
« on: March 21, 2013, 05:01:32 pm »
Hi Guys is it possible to use the sapphire to good effect on curtains(got a big curtain job coming up with my mate Jon but a little limited in experience if we are honest)....All help appreciated as usual     Alan(swindon)

Paul Redden Countryfresh

Re: sapphire on curtains or not
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 06:01:35 pm »
Be very very careful, on say polyester with the pressure tweaked down, you will get away with it.
BUT a lot of curtains can shrink really bad and go out of shape and mega bucks to replace.

Do a search on here there are a lot of threads on the subject.

You could offer a take down service and get them done ata dri cleaners  ;)
"So basically its a big vax!"

andi wilson

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 08:36:03 pm »
..even then can poss shrink..

peter maybury

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 11:26:41 pm »
be carefull there are probably a lot more pitfalls than with upholstery. you certainly do not want to start cleaning curtains with a big job.
Peter
www.carpetcleanercardiff.com

Jim_77

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 01:47:48 am »
Without having a specific curtain tool, I actually found the 5" CFR is the best tool for curtains.  Tried the Sapphire and the DM2 and they are both shyte on curtains.

Your problem is wetting the fabric out evenly but not overwetting.  The DM2 isn't very ergonomic for curtain work, but more importantly it just massively overwets and spills out the sides..... unless you turn it right down, in which case it simply doesn't work.

The sapphire p*s out the edges as well, and if you turn it right down it just leaves pin-stripe lines which to my logic says it simply isn't flushing the fabric through.

from edge2edge

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 07:04:35 am »
Thanks for the replies guys i have found out they are mostly heavy linen SANDBERG fabric lined with voiles and some heavy cotton ones as well.....................Alan

mick doherty

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 05:04:05 am »
You don't need water to clean curtains. vacuum thoroughly, towel with damp towel, mist a deodouriser on. Never ever use water