Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

james roffey

Low profile carpet
« on: March 20, 2013, 02:46:29 pm »
I have a low profile office carpet to do next week and i am unsure what would be the best way to clean it, unusually it has several urine spillages on it where the business owners dog has taken a pi.. the rest of the office is just general dirt etc.
At the present time i do not have a rotary, the one i did have was not a viable repair and as i hardly used it, i have not got round to replacing it. i probably use a rotary three  or four times a year so i am reluctant to replace it just yet also i have just settled the business lone off in a "full and final offer" for setting up the business, so things are a little tight at the moment.
So if i keep the psi down very low can i avoid these stains wicking back using HWE ?
I do have a contra rotating brush, a Host Reliant would that work with say an encap product ?
Or should i bite the bullet and replace my rotary  ?
I have no intention of buying second hand again as i hardly used the last one and it went wrong so it was a waste of money

What are your thoughts guys

Simon@arenaclean

Re: Low profile carpet
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 03:23:57 pm »
You can use a CRB for encap, I have used Procaps worked really well. Just remember a really good vac is essential. Not dealt with urine in that particular situations but i would consider urine treatment and blot dry well followed by encap or a low psi rinse, obviously a post bonnet would really help. Prochems Nutrasoft seems to be the rinse for the job as it's an acidc side rinse, urine treatment and deodouriser all in one, never used it myself though but my local supplier thinks I should use it ;D

Luc

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 04:13:18 pm »
James, I done a simular job yesterday. Low profile office carpet, grubby not filthy with some bad stains. I used an encap product in my rotawash. Scrubbed the whole thing really well and then used chemspec high heat and done one pass  with hwe and a couple of passes in a really grubby bit. It came up good and I popped in today and looks great. So it worked ok for me  :)

james roffey

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 04:26:18 pm »
Luc i thought encap worked by crystalising when it dries surely if i HWE if will prevent this happening ?

david@zap-clean

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 04:34:05 pm »
You can HWE low-pro the same as domestic pile carpets. If you haven't got a rotary, why not just HWE is with a good micro-splitter?

It'll take longer to dry (than rotary cleaning) - but it'll clean up well.
David @ ZapClean
www.zap-clean.com

Andrew@Approved Carpet Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 05:43:48 pm »
If you were nearer James I could have lent you my Orbis. :(
Andrew
Approved Carpet Cleaning of Flitwick
www.carpetcleaningbedfordshire.co.uk

james roffey

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 09:59:51 am »
You can HWE low-pro the same as domestic pile carpets. If you haven't got a rotary, why not just HWE is with a good micro-splitter?

It'll take longer to dry (than rotary cleaning) - but it'll clean up well.

I have some SPM may try that, keep the pressure down and heat up plus use a couple of fans.

Emil Dinev

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 04:13:28 pm »
James, if your happy to do 50 mile round trip then you can have my victor sprite 400, obvously not 17" but it should do the job.

Cheers

Emil

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2013, 04:25:55 pm »
Nice offer off Emil there James a couple of hours drive and your sorted.

Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

james roffey

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2013, 04:40:02 pm »
Many thanks but i have decided to replace my rotary got a good deal on a new one after a lot of shopping around, i would have to have got another one eventually as it is a handy thing to have.

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2013, 05:42:48 pm »
What model did you go for in the end James ?

Paul Moss

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2013, 06:30:15 pm »
James, Jamie will sort you out with this scenario live at the tacca day  ;)

simon de-lacey

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2013, 07:14:52 pm »
Can hardly wait...

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2013, 08:25:53 pm »
Who's bringing a dog to pee on the carpet?

wynne jones

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2013, 10:06:55 pm »
Who's bringing a dog to pee on the carpet?

I'm sure there will be plenty of carpet cleaners to oblige after a stella evening.   ;D
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

james roffey

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2013, 10:11:53 am »
What model did you go for in the end James ?

Steve

A low speed Numatic it was priced between £880 and £506 on the web which i think is ridiculous worked out £612 with  the dreaded VAT with tank and driveboard, The Victor would have been just under £900  as i do very little rotary work i thought it a bit steep to spend that much, the Numatic looks fine it's the same weight.
I did some research a while back and found a company that are really cheap particularly for rotaries, " Ocean corporate Hygiene" a guy named Alan did a really good deal i did look around the main suppliers but they were more expensive.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2013, 11:20:16 am »
One decent size commercial job and that will be paid for in a weekend.