Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Russ Chadd

Sofa clean and red dye removal
« on: March 19, 2013, 04:49:03 pm »
Today i encountered a first... 2 seat recliner in light beige, burn and float test suggested that the material was a polyester / acrylic / cotton mixture.
Anyway the customer had draped a red 100% acrylic throw over the sofa and the dye had migrated turning it pink.
After a good vacuum i decided to pre spray MPower at 1:120, applied it quite heavy and lightly agitated with a horse hair brush. I waited a good 20 mins and extracted using warm water at 100psi.

I have to say that in the past i have found MPower to be a little hit and miss, however this time it worked quite well, the fabric started to clean up rather well and the pinky look was definitely disappearing.
Once i had finished it looked ok but i wasnt 100% happy, that pinky tinge was still present so i mixed up some Ashby's supreme shampoo and lightly applied using a sprayer.
Once io had worked it in using an upholstery mit i allowed 10 mins and then extracted.

The results were stunning as the fabric dried out, all the pinky colour had gone, these two products worked very well indeed... just wish i had taken some pictures.