Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Robin Ray

Rotary agitation
« on: March 17, 2013, 09:18:01 pm »
Hi,

I have a Indian restaurant tomorrow and thought I would use the rotary for agitation rather than the crb. I don't have a brush at the moment but do have a white pad I have seen vids of people encaping with a white pad and thought I would give it a go. The carpets actually quite clean so its not essential. Just wondered what peoples thought are? Is this a good Idea or am I making a big mistake?

Rob

Jamie Pearson

Re: Rotary agitation
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 09:40:37 pm »
you should be okay. just make sure to wet the carpet and the pad before starting up the machine and dont work one are for too long.

Griffus

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 10:55:29 pm »
If this is new to you I would recommend that you take the CRB too, just in case the pad gets a bit too grippy.

You might find also that a white pad isn't course enough for good agitation.

If it was me I'd go with the CRB anyway.

Robin Ray

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 01:26:08 pm »
Thanks for the replies.

I gave it a go and it was really good on the cleaner carpet. It wasn't quite up to the bits closer to the kitchen though. I think the real problem though was the guy who did them before was using a rug doctor and cleaning them once a month. Rather than black top there was black bottom where he ad worked the grease in. I liked using the rotary though and will use it again but with a brush.

Griffus

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 09:51:36 pm »
Thanks for the replies.

I gave it a go and it was really good on the cleaner carpet. It wasn't quite up to the bits closer to the kitchen though. I think the real problem though was the guy who did them before was using a rug doctor and cleaning them once a month. Rather than black top there was black bottom where he ad worked the grease in. I liked using the rotary though and will use it again but with a brush.

If you're going to use a rotary for agitating then add bonnets to your process after cleaning. It aids drying and it's an additional step which will lift any remaining soiling, no matter how little.

Robin Ray

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013, 10:03:13 pm »
Thanks, I already do this occasionally depending on the situation. Some times it make a real difference sometimes its just extra time though.