Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tony Stewart

Hose Ramp Storage
« on: March 15, 2013, 04:25:36 pm »

Just bought some Prochem hose ramps second hand and I want to store them in the van. These are not hinged but there are two of them and I'm thinking that I either
    Try and store it in the roof space of my Vivaro
    Hang them back to back on the door but can anyone suggest a bracket or let me have a picture of how you have stored yours.
    I am trying to keep the floor clear for vacs,rotaries hose reels and airmovers!!

Thanks guys[/list]
    Starts at the bottom likes it and stays there

Radek Jablonski

Re: Hose Ramp Storage
    « Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 04:38:44 pm »
    make a box with a plywood and fix it to the roof,

garybristow

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 05:39:29 pm »
    how much did you pay for them?
    gary

Tony Stewart

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 06:28:52 pm »
    £150 including couriered delivery

mark shannon

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 07:54:33 pm »
    Hydramaster sell a shelf unit for back door but probably more than you paid for ramp Tony :)

Tony Stewart

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 09:38:21 pm »
    Thanks Mark.
    They are really expensive but I have been taking a risk with the hoses in some of the shops I have done and it's only a matter of time before something untoward happens.
    I looked at loads of ramps for fire hoses etc but they say that they take 2" hoses but ours are bigger than that as 2" is the internal measurement. Saw them on E Bay and with a bit of spit and polish have come up a treat. New grip tape and they will be as good as new............
    Will look at the Hydramaster ones as they are neat for the back of the door, but my van seems to be getting fuller by the minute!!

Jim_77

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 10:47:57 pm »

Three of these: http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/152816

A strip of this: http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/188114

You just bend the ends of the brackets up and drill/rivet them together

The ramp is secured by a bungee between the hooks which are the ones bang in the middle of the photo from this pack: http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/533791

Because it's only 9mm ply on the doors I reinforced the mounting points with a square of ply and the hook screws through both.  3.5 years of use and still solid.

You could maybe do it a bit more simply than that, but that's the idea that that dribbled out of my brain at the time I needed to solve the same problem as you :)

Tony Stewart

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 07:52:30 am »
    Thanks a lot for that idea Jim. The Hydramaster ones are good but that is the same principle and all I want to do is hang them up. Also you would have thought that when someone actually designed these they would have thought about incorporating something on the back to take a bar or hook system. I managed to slot them in over the boarded wheel arch by the hose reel but everything is tight for space so I will try and get them on the back doors for ease of access.