Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mark turton

MIN PSI USED HWE
« on: March 14, 2013, 09:57:43 am »
Hi all

Just wondered whether any of you use a machine with 130psi and how you get on with it?

im guessing that most use 200-250psi on carpet which i suspect helps flush dirt from root of carpet more so than a 130psi.

that said with lower psi im guessing less likely to have backing come adrift from carpet.

any thoughts - theories and experience knowledge on this available?  :)

(im wondering whether to go for a cheaper 130psi machine with dual vac - hence question.

Phil @ Extreme Clean

Re: MIN PSI USED HWE
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 10:07:33 am »
Hi Mark,

I use a Rhino it has 135psi twin vac doe's the job well enough also less risk of over wetting causing shrinkage etc.

Go for it mate it will do the job then earn a few quid and upgrade if you want to and save the other for backup.

Phil.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

Chris Straker

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 10:12:21 am »
I think 135 is minimum on most entry portables for use with a wand but spotting machines may go as low as 55 psi ..... used with handtool !!

You can always adjust the spray tip for more or less flow, so should never be an issue with overwetting ......... my Jaguar 6.6 is 800 psi but it tends to stay around 250 - 300, as the vacs are so powerful on the extraction side  ;)

As Phil said, updating as you progress, is the best way to go ...... same applies to new motorcyclistsnot getting 1300 cc bikes until they gain experience  :o

stuart_clark

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 11:08:15 am »
Funny that Chris ! I went from a Honda CB1300 down to a super slow CBR1100xx Lol

Although ive been riding 35 years annnd i am advanced !

robert meldrum

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 11:14:24 am »
Although I have no argument with having 500 or even 1000 psi available and agree with Chris that the majority of jobs would be done at around 200 to 300 psi I have to say that I've used machines with as low as 70 to 100 and achieved fantastic results many times.

Sure it takes more effort and time and product but for those on a limited start up budget or lacking the desire to earn high incomes a low psi machine will / can be adequate provided the operator approaches the job correctly and makes proper use of the tools.

Many years ago I owned a 100 psi machine which had incredible output at the jet. Never took the trouble to find out why, but it seemed as powerful as later machines at around 300 psi.

Chris Straker

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 11:34:25 am »
Like most things ........ I had VW Golf hire car recently ....was 1.2 but it got us there ...... just not as quickly as the GTI that flew past  ::)roll

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 07:20:58 pm »
IMO you actaully wet a carpet more with lower psi. With 200 - 250 psi, I find that one wet pass is all I need to get that area of carpet clean, especially since I use f90 in the tank.
Where as with lower psi you tend to go over an area a few times for teh same result.

You'll still get great rsults with 130psi. Just make sure you spend the extra time pre-spraying, agitating and spotting.

I think steampro's from prochem go as low as 100 - 120psi.

Lewis Newby

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 08:30:57 pm »
i use a steempro and upgraded it to a 135psi pump. not had any problems or complaints and get great results. on a few mingers i felt i could have done better and quicker with a higher psi and some extra heat but 99% of the time i manage fine.
at the end of the day as said above, decent pre spray,agitate and dwell and youl be fine

lew

Andy Messias

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2013, 11:45:51 am »
I have an Airflex mini twin vac as a 2nd machine (Airflex Pro 600 main machine) and find that the mini is sufficent for most jobs with the right prespray and agitation.
Adventure Before Dementia.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2013, 11:50:59 am »
Have you got the hx on it Andy ?

Shaun

Mark Goddard

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2013, 12:49:40 pm »
Hi Mark

I have the Airflex mini (130 psi) with twin vac & heater. It's a great little entry level machine for both carpets & upholstery, in a domestic environment. I cleaned a large pub carpet (with a very greasy top) last week, it came up fine but a little more power would have been useful.

I'll hang onto it when I upgrade, as it offers me the flexibility I need.

Regards

Mark

Andy Messias

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2013, 07:13:07 pm »
Have you got the hx on it Andy ?

Shaun
HX?
Adventure Before Dementia.

Magic Dry Perth

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2013, 11:00:29 am »
I have the Texatherm emv that uses low psi and air flow works like a dream especially in compo with the Texatherm dry system.
The right way first time every time