Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Matt.

Affects on merlin using hot water
« on: April 11, 2014, 09:55:39 pm »
I had to connect up to a hot water tap on a job so kept an eye on tank filling, tds before merlin was 108, an came out at 17 to start with, also was producing at an average rate. Came back to van bout 20 mins later an water was flying into tank after merlin. I assumed the water wasn't filtering an tested it immediately, 14 tds. ???
What's happening or does hot water purify better and quicker ???

Clever Forum Name

Re: Affects on merlin using hot water
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 07:23:38 am »
 lower viscosity so will flow better

jk999

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 09:17:14 am »
If I check cold water from tap its around 300 ppm mark , if I check hot water it doubles the ppm

Matt.

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 01:45:29 pm »
Cheers lads but wot does this mean  ???
Are you better filtering hot water into the tank, also water in the tank then stayed hot for about 4 hours, no need for a water heater.
Went back to the job I was doin with the water just to check an job was mint so it must work.

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 12:06:13 am »
Interesting, and for di only could be viable but not with an RO as your heating up a lot of waste and wasting half of it.

From testing during the winter my tank water usually was 005 when cold, but when warm/hot was 011 then returned to 005 when cooling down.  I can only put this down to the particals moving around faster in warm water  :-\

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Matt.

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 04:58:27 pm »
As I don't and will never fill me tank at home - water meter. Waste dosent really affect me and am not to fussed whether the customer is happy about it or not, as it's there property's am cleaning. - all commercial work so it's 1 of them, there probly not interested what am upto as long as the job is perfect.
I read the link about the testing of the merlin thanks to pure h20 👍. But my question is will this increase or decrease the life of the filter or membranes ??? Or would maybe have no affection them at all.???

See it as 1 of those questions that is down to personal preference but am on jobs with external hot and cold taps to connect to.

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 05:17:12 pm »
Operating range is 4 degrees to 37.78 *C

So if your available water is outside this range It would be reasonable to think that you will bugger it up

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience