Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Caleb Morley

The leap of faith..
« on: February 11, 2013, 07:38:20 pm »
Can anyone tell me their experience of moving from working on their own on the windows to taking someone on fulltime?

Looking at it I will need to get alot more work in to make it work and to mae it worthwhile.

Its a risk but im going to take it as I know it needs to be done in order for me to earn what I really want.

Be interesting to hear others experiences and any advice of what to do or what not to do.

Cheers,

Caleb

Mist A Bit

Re: The leap of faith..
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 09:31:19 pm »
Depending on how much work you have and at what prices, start by building good quality work up so on your own your covering £1000 per week and from their build up enough to take someone on part time, keep working towards having that full timer.

steve

spudd

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 09:33:13 pm »
Once you find the right lad(I've had my fair few of doughnuts) its works a treat IMO, makes the day more enjoyable, gives you a bit more motivation when ya slacking and also means I can go on holiday and still earn a nice wedge, we'll that's when you am trust ya employee with your round mines been with me 2.5 years and is worth his weight in gold

Others might have different view though  ;)

Hope this helps
Spikey

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 05:00:27 pm »
Can anyone tell me their experience of moving from working on their own on the windows to taking someone on fulltime?

Looking at it I will need to get alot more work in to make it work and to mae it worthwhile.

Its a risk but im going to take it as I know it needs to be done in order for me to earn what I really want.

Be interesting to hear others experiences and any advice of what to do or what not to do.

Cheers,

Caleb

My advice is don't do it ;D

Click on my links below

robertphil

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 05:09:09 pm »
take on parttimers is my tip. then if one lets you down it does not upset the applecart because you can call on another parrtimer to carry the load
 thats what macdonalds/ kfc etc do, they dont have a fulltime cook,they share the load so can always be sure of serving hot food
 i currently hav 3 parttimers .
  another bonus of parttimers is any can hav a holiday at quite short notice as one of the others will work fulltime covering their position for a week.  one of my lot has got this week on hol to be with her soldier boyfriend and work goes on same as ever
  Another tip i can give is to ask about medical conditions Before you take anybody on.   also ask "how big are you?" on the phone ,if they reply "why do you want to know? its likely because they are bloomin huge

dont take on any lame dogs with compression bandages or personality disorders.  a good question to ask at interview is to say "have you any demons ?"
  dont tell anybody they have got the job until you have slept on the decision ,then  make sure its clear in their mind its a 30 day trial

tompoole

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 05:26:23 pm »
I think it's a good idea IF you can find someone reliable
And willing to work hard .
I've been going 5 years now and tried 5 par timers  so far
Most just couldn't be arsed and all didn't check their work
Again all bar one thought I was a w****r and wanted to much
From them.
I found myself working twice as hard to pay both of us
And that was never the idea.
I'm toying with the idea of kitting another van and putting
A youngster to work but insurance is a killer.

robertphil

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 05:41:39 pm »
itd pay to take on an old crock as the driver with 1 or 2 youngsters as passengers who do the cleaning .  dirt cheap insurance and safe as houses ,no ragging the van engine.  the crock is not allowed to clean anything

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 05:46:30 pm »
I think it's a good idea IF you can find someone reliable
And willing to work hard .
I've been going 5 years now and tried 5 par timers  so far
From them.
I found myself working twice as hard to pay both of us
And that was never the idea
I'm toying with the idea of kitting another van and putting
A youngster to work but insurance is a killer.

that has pretty much been my experience

From them.

oh yeh and that  ;D
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

Dave Turley

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 05:30:11 pm »
I think don't do it.

I've tried it with my brother and it was too much hassle and I was actually worse off.

Now he's got a proper job (lol), and I've refined my work by selling a fair bit, I'm loads better off.

Dave

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 05:44:06 pm »
itd pay to take on an old crock as the driver with 1 or 2 youngsters as passengers who do the cleaning .  dirt cheap insurance and safe as houses ,no ragging the van engine.  the crock is not allowed to clean anything

the croc would be getting his wrinkly leather ass out of the van and doing the down's on my watch!
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

tompoole

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 06:33:16 pm »
Can't see the point of hiring driver , you may as well pay the insurance .
Even an old git will want £40 per day that's £9k a year.