Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bazooka

Rainy day work
« on: January 24, 2013, 08:48:31 am »
Hi not been on here for a while, looking for some advice on how to get round the days when it's raining or down time when u can't clean the windows fed up with being rained of there must be something else to do to earn a crust with out breaking the law or the bank balance, I do the normal conservatory roofs, gutters and fascia cleans but they don't all ways present them selfs at the right time of year any suggestion would be great thank you in advance Steve

windiewasher

Re: Rainy day work
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 08:54:59 am »
Wheelie bin cleaning
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 09:13:45 am »
work in the rain.get some decent waterproofs.custies get used to it after a few years and pay up without question.obviously if its really bouncing down.have a day off!!

charge higher prices for your work and put existing customers prices up if there low and build up an emergency fund for  really bad weather,illness,injury,holiday time off.

conny roof,fascia,soffit and solar panel cleaning add ons. i tend to clean loads in spring and summer where i have more time,lighter nights etc and i book them in for next time i clean their windows if their regular customers.i aim for £50-£60 an hour on these jobs.

i work at around 80% capacity so it allows me to catch up in winter and gives me space for the add ons in spring/summer.stops me getting too bored of window cleaning and gives my body a rest.

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Klean07

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 09:14:37 am »
Snow clearing!! ;D
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

formb

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 10:02:40 am »
Do not stop for rain.

It is more of a mental barrier than a physical one.

Once you have done a days work in the pouring rain you will see that only a small percentage of your customers give a flying monkeys that you are cleaning in the rain.