Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mr hewett

Short notice charges!!!!!
« on: February 12, 2006, 10:32:43 pm »
Evening all, Im curently in the process of a 12 month contract with a particular client of mine, with fixed dates each month to clean the exterior hard surface areas of their building. However, the client in question has phoned on a couple of occasions recently, once to ask if i could do a one off clean as an extra, and on another occasion to ask if i could come in the day before we were due too. On both occasions we were asked at very short notice. The last time was the night before they wanted it cleaned. Ive been lucky because we've managed to make both visits as requested. What Im trying to ask is do you charge any extra over the agreed amount in the contract  for the change of dates, and times etc as it is such short notice and how much would you ask for? As I havant stated anything like this in the contract, ( silly me ). Any help greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!

Art

Re: Short notice charges!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 10:53:45 pm »
 Your client might be testing you out

mobile valeting & Power wash Services

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 12:04:53 am »
The extra one is simple charge your normal going rate, When I have a client that requests an earlier visit I also charge the going rate, it totaly depends on your customer relationship a contract is a contract and he or she will know this, a lot will depend on your work load, it's okay if you havn't much on what is he going to say when you are busy, down to you.  I mostly try to keep them sweet if it cost's me nothing but whats the point in a contract if it's only a one way street I digress slightly, stick to your days as much as possible thats what I do unless he wants to pay the extra on top of the contracted fee. Only my opinion
Malky
Power Wash,polish & shine

CMS

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 08:34:49 am »
I never charge extra for being flexible on a date (an extra clean is something else). It's part of the relationship-building exercise that must go on between yourself and a Client.

You never know when you might want to delay something by a day!!!! A good relationship with your Client will allow you to do that.

Tim Downer

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 08:53:56 am »
I must agree with Karl here, in that forming a relationship with the client and being flexible is very important for me, and there are cases where i will put my hands up, and do some things for them with out charging them.
However, jobs that are over and above the original spec should be charged for.....and rate agreed before starting it.

Regards

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

"The difference between Ordinary and Extraordinary.....is that little Extra"