Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee GLS

MOT
« on: December 20, 2012, 05:44:10 pm »
I always book the van in for an MOT before Christmas so if it fails I can repair it during the week off, I don't like paying garages rondo something I can. Any way my 9 year old 110k transit connect passed for the third year running with no advisories, happy days. I have been toying with the idea of getting a newer van, but what's the point?

I've only had to replace the starter in three years.

robertphil

Re: MOT
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 05:49:02 pm »
might pay to get it motd in the summer so that if it fails you can fix it in pleasant weather  with good light

Lee GLS

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 05:50:58 pm »
might pay to get it motd in the summer so that if it fails you can fix it in pleasant weather  with good light

Yeah, not ideal fixing it in the winter, but I have the week of a Christmas, so I don't loose any money if it's off the road.

Slash

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 08:03:41 pm »
I always book the van in for an MOT before Christmas so if it fails I can repair it during the week off, I don't like paying garages rondo something I can. Any way my 9 year old 110k transit connect passed for the third year running with no advisories, happy days. I have been toying with the idea of getting a newer van, but what's the point?

I've only had to replace the starter in three years.
Well as the saying goes "if it's not broken why fix it",I just wish I had better luck with my Transit Connect LWB,I spent more money on it than I actually paid for it,the local Ford dealership were rubbing their hands together every other week so in the end I gave it away! ;D