Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Window Washers

Re: leaking tank lids.
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2012, 02:35:04 pm »
Should write a topic how many windies have a clean unwet leakless van.
The answer is probably 0
I gave up ages ago lol

The only time my van is wet is when I over fill and flood it.

My tanks don't leak, not since I installed them over a year ago.
all of the tanks I have had from wydale leak I was going seal them and add my own lid but can't clean inside of tank so didn't.
My vans have water on floor they work like horses,I will not win any awards for driest.

Probs win for most uncomplicated though  :D
Yer my tank are from them to! I cut a new filling hole and fitted new spout that has breathing holes in, then just unscrew that lid to fill tanks and have sealed the main black lids down for the reason they will always leak. My van is a dry workhorse lol
i remember seeing your van :) if you ever fancy a drive to Cambridgeshire I have three tanks that could benefit from your lid fitting skills!

What parts did you use ?

I'll get pictures up for you later, they are plumbing fittings that are used with in houses.

Cambridge isn't really that far really, so it's not a problem to do that! I got some work to do over near that way in St. Neots!
i live in st.neots mate :) what work do you have hear ?
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

R.C Property

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2012, 02:37:15 pm »
Should write a topic how many windies have a clean unwet leakless van.
The answer is probably 0
I gave up ages ago lol

The only time my van is wet is when I over fill and flood it.

My tanks don't leak, not since I installed them over a year ago.
all of the tanks I have had from wydale leak I was going seal them and add my own lid but can't clean inside of tank so didn't.
My vans have water on floor they work like horses,I will not win any awards for driest.

Probs win for most uncomplicated though  :D
Yer my tank are from them to! I cut a new filling hole and fitted new spout that has breathing holes in, then just unscrew that lid to fill tanks and have sealed the main black lids down for the reason they will always leak. My van is a dry workhorse lol
i remember seeing your van :) if you ever fancy a drive to Cambridgeshire I have three tanks that could benefit from your lid fitting skills!

What parts did you use ?

I'll get pictures up for you later, they are plumbing fittings that are used with in houses.

Cambridge isn't really that far really, so it's not a problem to do that! I got some work to do over near that way in St. Neots!
i live in st.neots mate :) what work do you have hear ?

Couple of solar panel cleans for a company that fits them, I do all there cleaning of them.

R.C Property

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2012, 11:47:20 pm »
i cut a hole into the tank and fitte this to my tank and then sealed the lid down with silicon to form a water tight seal, can still be undone with a little strength, and then just unscrew the small lid at the top of the spout and use that to fill up from my static system.