Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mark1

WFP????
« on: January 24, 2004, 06:23:58 pm »
USING A WFP,How do you no if its cleaning properly,if your on the ground and the window is 25ft up.what about detailing and bird crap,explain please ??? ??? ??? ???

Peter Fogwill

Re: WFP????
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2004, 07:28:46 pm »
You can see the bird dirt quite easily at 25 feet and even quite a lot higher.  You treat it in the same was as you would if you were squeegeeing the window, wet it, let it soak in for a minute or two, and go back to it again.  You also have the advantage of brush bristles instead of a soft pile on an applicator, so it is much easier to clean.  

Sometimes if the bird dirt is baked on and is really stubborn, you may find that the particular window will take as long as it would take to do a clean window with a ladder and a squeegee.  You are still safer though, and you will still save time on all the windows that don't have stubborn bird dirt on it.

You don't detail with a water fed pole, there is no need

Peter

WavieDavie

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2004, 11:19:35 pm »
Hi Mark,

Peter's too much of a gentleman to publicly tout his own BB on someone else's board, so I'm telling you to get on over to  http://www.window-tools.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl  where you'll find out lots more about WFPs.

Am I right in thinking you're in Central Scotland? You can pop along to sunny Broxburn-by-the-Bing and give Peter a visit to see what it's all about.

All the best - Davie
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

g_griffin

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2004, 02:44:47 pm »

You can see the bird dirt quite easily at 25 feet and even quite a lot higher.  You treat it in the same was as you would if you were squeegeeing the window, wet it, let it soak in for a minute or two, and go back to it again.  You also have the advantage of brush bristles instead of a soft pile on an applicator, so it is much easier to clean.  

Sometimes if the bird dirt is baked on and is really stubborn, you may find that the particular window will take as long as it would take to do a clean window with a ladder and a squeegee.  You are still safer though, and you will still save time on all the windows that don't have stubborn bird dirt on it.

You don't detail with a water fed pole, there is no need

Peter

Peter,
    Regarding squeegeeing- don`t you,or used to, squeegee off immediately after wetting the window?
If not what are the advantages?
   I may have got hold of the wrong end of the stick and apologise if I have.

Gerry.

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2004, 08:28:32 pm »
When I said to leave it a minute or two I was referring to the birds dirt.  The longer you let it soak the easier it will come off.

Peter

Old_Master

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2004, 02:54:47 am »
To clean bird muck you simply soak the area and leave it. You then move on to the next window and clean that then go back to the one with bird muck,by which time it will have started to emulsify and may have started to slide down the glass. You simply wash it as normal and hey presto the bird muck will have gone. ;D

Better than growing your thumb nails to use on bird muck like one old window cleaner I worked with in the 1970s ???

zimzam

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 11:23:37 pm »
You treat it in the same was as you would if you were squeegeeing the window, wet it, let it soak in for a minute or two, and go back to it again.

Or you could wet it and then use a window scraper straight away?  ::)

rosskesava

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 12:27:19 am »
er..... answering a post from 2004?  ???
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Window Washers

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2012, 06:55:19 am »
er..... answering a post from 2004?  ???
clearly bored, think ciu should have a sin bin
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Ronnie Bryce

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2012, 10:02:49 am »
I went for a night out with Waviedavie and never heard from him again. I clearly made a good impression. :o :o

AshWhite

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2012, 10:58:51 am »
I went for a night out with Waviedavie and never heard from him again. I clearly made a good impression. :o :o

Men, they're all the same, eh?
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk