Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

CleanClear

Paul Marshall...........
« on: December 16, 2012, 09:32:03 pm »
We clean in Fazakerly as i believe you do. We've recently had a cleaner going round saying he'll beat our price of ten pounds and he'll charge seven pounds. I just wondered if this has happened to you on your Fazakerley work ? Have your customers intimated someone has been round willing to clean their windows cheaper?
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

colin purewater

Re: Paul Marshall...........
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 09:37:57 pm »
Oh dear! Who is it mate ?

And don't worry they won't last long
At them prices
keep it simple

RAHomeServices

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 07:10:28 am »
Hi mate
We have customers in this area as well. Unfortunately it is the customer who decides what amount they will pay and you will always get other cleaners undercutting -  thats business. Mind you most of the cleaners in this area are 'on the side' dont pay tax, no insurance etc. To my knowledge and from customer feedback cleaners are now going around asking for £3 fronts £5 full house. Just carry on doing a good job, being professional and you will retain your customers.

Window Washers

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 07:20:44 am »
Happens in most if not all areas you will always get people willing to work harder for less? Never got that logic but each to there own.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Ste M

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 05:41:02 pm »
Hi mate
We have customers in this area as well. Unfortunately it is the customer who decides what amount they will pay and you will always get other cleaners undercutting -  thats business. Mind you most of the cleaners in this area are 'on the side' dont pay tax, no insurance etc. To my knowledge and from customer feedback cleaners are now going around asking for £3 fronts £5 full house. Just carry on doing a good job, being professional and you will retain your customers.

do you have all your work here on contracts?

Halfadaylee

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 05:55:08 pm »
I find anyone who undercuts never lasts too long.

Reality is they can't take all your custards and the ones they do, probably were not worth keeping.
If they stick at it they get full very soon knowing they earn less because they nicked the work on price.
Just tell your customers you don't know how they make it pay. Then have they heard about all the sheds being broken into lately?

Unfair, maybe. Undercutting on purpose unfair? you betcha.

Joe