Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

g.brookes

Weahter weather weather
« on: December 17, 2012, 04:43:10 pm »
Last week was a pain in the ass cos of the cold, and then in south manchester area faced almost non stop rain from 1pm onward.  does anyone else get really stressed out about getting your work done before crimbo?

colin purewater

Re: Weahter weather weather
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 04:46:28 pm »
Just work In the rain and cold mate

It's rained in Liverpool no stop today got til 7 -3 pm
Out of it

Carry on regardless  8)
keep it simple

g.brookes

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 04:59:22 pm »
i was working most of today in the rain but it got hard this afternoon.  its fine on commercial but people dont want you at their house when its raining hard enough to get soaked

G Griffin

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 05:09:40 pm »
I used to but getting stressed doesn't get your work done or change the weather.
If you can't work then some won't get them done for Chrimbo.
Take each day as it comes and try and enjoy the time off.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

gewindows

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 06:22:03 pm »
I used to get stressed but cant see the point in it now nor be arsed with it.

Last week the alternator went on the van, so thats £350 with a new battery too, so no work today nor tomorrow, meant to rain Wednesday. £5,900 tax bill end of January, everything'll be okay, what you worrying about?

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 06:50:37 pm »
ive been getting pretty fed up with the weather as well,if not that ive had equipment problems and late deliveries etc.problems with non payment from customers,low tips this year etc!! :( :(

BUT on the plus side ive been helping my fab girlfriend decorate her new shop which will be opening in the new year so its exciting times for her!

i went out today and was completely soaked by 2pm.worked 2 hours in heavy rain.glad to be home and dry!

low motivation can be a problem for all of us at times in this job esp when weather is bad.but it will pass!!

forecast a nice and dry workable day tomorrow in manchester so ill be out making the most of it!

happy xmas to you all!! ;D ;D

keep your chin up lads!! ;D ;D

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Granny

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 07:12:12 pm »
"iv'e been getting pretty fed up with the weather as well"
C'mon Daz you is always up for it ;D ;D
It has been s****e year hasn't it?
I just think of the overall situation - lost loads of days 'cos I'm pretty much a  fair weather windie -  hate getting soaked :( :(
But over the course of the year seem to manage to pay the bills.
If you can't work best revenge is to ENJOY THE TIME, MAKE THE MOST OF IT -  no point fretting and not being happy for that day - you will NEVER get that day back again!!
G.

G Griffin

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2012, 07:25:32 pm »
Don't bank on doing five days a week, either. Maybe hope for 2.5 to 3 days a week and if you do more it's a bonus.
Or look at it monthly; aim for twelve days for the month, say (very seasonal  :)). If you do a five/six day week then a lot of pressure is off.
It's surprising how looking at your money monthly- or longer- can lessen the worry that come with bad days and weeks.
Another option is to pay yourself a wage, so the good periods fund the bad ones.
We think the bad spells will never end but they will.  A lot of it is in our heads.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2012, 08:20:02 pm »
even if i couldnt work until next year id be over £3,000 up on last year and £10,000 up on 3 years ago so im not gonna grumble too much.......oh and ive got a super sexy new girlfriend who ive been seeing for 4 months now and i love her to bits!! :D :D :D :D

....and im back playing drums with a band who asked me to join them after the first gig!!i was only supposed to be filling in for their drummer for 3 gigs as he damaged his shoulder but now im there main drummer! :D :D

they only gig once a month/6 weeks so im happy with that!my days of playing 3 gigs a week are over!im getting too old for it!!haha! ;D ;D ;D

best wishes to you all

dazmond
price higher/work harder!