Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gwrightson

Amtico flooring cleaning New
« on: December 02, 2012, 08:43:36 pm »
 I have a meeting on wednesday regarding the cleaning of  4.800 sq feet of amtico flooring, i already do other work for this paticuler company, they are revamping a facility previuosly used as a reatail outlet so i would guess the floor may be in a bit of a state.
My question is what would a reasonable price be for this job,? assuming it will need stipping, cleaning and sealing, and are amtico own products the best for the job ?

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Jamie Pearson

Re: amtico
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 01:34:08 pm »
I wouldn't price it by area.  Do it by time.

If its 500m2 of open area that needs stripped there will be a lot less detail than somewhere that has shelving in. You might also be able to use a scrubber dryer rather than a rotary and wet vac.

It may also be a textured wood effect trapping more soil/finish than a stone effect.

Amtico products are johnsons rebranded. So Carefree Speedstrip and Johnsons Eternum or Satin will be the equivalent. I usually find that on a refurb people dont care so much about which product is used so go with which generic product suits you/your supplier etc.

In my opinion it doesnt make any difference anyway.

A handy item to have along would be 400 grit honing powder for scratches or areas scuffed by hard plastic racking feet. A quick dusting of this under your normal cleaning pad will save hands and kneew work with a scourer.

gwrightson

Re: amtico
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 04:38:16 pm »

Thanks for reply,

I am surveying wednesday , so will post details here , and s cpl pics   taboo.

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha