Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mikey

clx 22 extension
« on: October 01, 2012, 06:56:36 pm »
hello all   i need to extend the 22foot clx do i just put a base section of the 27 foot on the bottom and if so can i buy the section without the positive stops      8) 8)

Alex Gardiner

Re: clx 22 extension
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 07:14:58 pm »
hello all   i need to extend the 22foot clx do i just put a base section of the 27 foot on the bottom and if so can i buy the section without the positive stops      8) 8)

You would need to buy the CLX27 base section as you have said - http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/cl-x-replacement-sections-27.html

To fit you will need to remove the end cap, and slide on the new section. If not using with a joint-stop tape then I would recommend drawing on a line at about 15cm up from the base on the current handle section to know when to stop extending the section in use.

This handle section comes without joint-stop tape fitted.

mikey

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 07:21:53 pm »
thanks alex   but you say 15cm marking      ok    is that applying to all the sections as all the positive stops have gone  its good they have gone because the 22ft goes a lot more than 22ft   so does the centimeters go down on the sections because  of the thinner sections 8) 8) 8)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 07:28:52 pm »
thanks alex   but you say 15cm marking      ok    is that applying to all the sections as all the positive stops have gone  its good they have gone because the 22ft goes a lot more than 22ft   so does the centimeters go down on the sections because  of the thinner sections 8) 8) 8)

15cm is about right for all sections. Obviously to rigidify the pole in use more you can extend the upper sections slightly less whilst working, but it will not reach quite as far.

mikey

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 07:34:07 pm »
thanks alex you wisdom is my future  :o :o

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 07:35:44 pm »
Alex - sorry slighty off topic ! :-[

sections 1 & 2 on the clx are totally devoid of the f/g red coating  :-X how much life have they left in them ?

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 08:02:36 pm »
Alex - sorry slighty off topic ! :-[

sections 1 & 2 on the clx are totally devoid of the f/g red coating  :-X how much life have they left in them ?

Darran

Not a lot! Might as well to continue to use them until they stop clamping though. You could always buy the replacements and have them in the van so that you can make a seamless switch when they eventually give up.

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 08:41:26 pm »
cheers Alex - plans are for nexr van and man in 3 months so will be ordering at least 2 new poles then - just hope
current one holds out !!!!

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience