Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wightsurf

Domain name
« on: September 30, 2012, 09:35:49 pm »
Been thinking about my options for a while and i wanted something easy for the customer to remember.I have registered my tradename a 6 yrs ago but did nothing with it.But i have just bought in .com and in .co.uk a new Domain name.

So what do you think of 2ReachUs

Im thinking of having this on the side of the van along with phone numbers,email
and whats on offer.

I can have the trade name on the web site some where once(if) they get there.

So what do you think?

Just got to figure out this web building bit  ;D

Nathanael Jones

Re: Domain name
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 10:09:32 pm »
for best google results always go for the name of your town followed by windowcleaning.co.uk

It doesn't make a massive difference, but every bit helps if your competition has a decent online presence.

As for the building the website bit - - more & more ppl are using tablets & phones to browse the net (15% of all browsing at the moment and rising rapidly) so make sure your website is compatible. Eg. no flash animation & if possible a responsive layout that adjusts automatically to different screen sizes.

wightsurf

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 10:19:20 pm »
Thanks Nathanael

Just been having a look at it,i think i need to start doing some reading  ;D

Mike #1

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 07:03:05 pm »
Nat i have had a quick look at your site and it is well laid , I believe you built your own i am currently using Yola.com   , Are you self taught and do having any tips or books for reference in order to build a better site .

Thanks Mike

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 07:57:06 pm »
My site is a bit dated now,.. I'm itching to do a re-vamp!

I use templates from www.templatemonster.com for the basic framework & layout, then add a few bits of my own, swap photos, put in your own text & SEO. I use Dreamweaver - its a pain in the backside to learn to use, but well worth it.

Here's a site I'm just finishing up that I really like: http://www.jdwindowcleaningservices.co.uk/

Mike #1

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 08:03:27 pm »
Thanks for that Nat , jd's site looks really really good , I might have mate look into .

My subscription to yola.com is until next june , But i might get in touch with you in the future it that is ok , Thanks again Mike