Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

My new leaflet with 'Additional info sheet
« on: July 08, 2012, 01:09:13 am »
Made myself a leaflet/flyer today.  Hope you like it.  It's A4.   You'll get remembered and if anyone has any questions, they are all answered on the Fact Sheet.

Also, it is big and bold, and easily distinguishable from all the other dross.

Thoughts?

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B_X69FjlzwaCYW9VOU93Y3k5R2c

Richard iSparkle

Re: My new leaflet with 'Additional info sheet
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 01:38:21 am »
quirky?  just looks like a standard home made flyer to me.

the info on the 2nd page is all good, but it wont stand out amongst other stuff posted thru.
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

rosskesava

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 02:21:32 am »
Sorry mate, I can't see how it's different.

It's well written and informative but quirky? Sorry to be blunt, it's just another flyer.

I've got exactly the same results from just a simple 'local friendly experienced window cleaner please phone ..... for a quote' as I've got from using dayglow card to using flyers with detailed information.

Sometimes by giving too much information you can create a sense of complexity in the customers mind about something as simple as 'I clean windows'. Cleaning windows is simple and should be presented as such or at least that's how I see it.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 03:02:08 am »
You sound like my sister....

Appreciate the comments though.  I am only handing out the additional info to those who enquire.  I tend to get tongue tied when I try to explain the benefits etc.  I expect some have a pre-rehearsed script, not everyone is the confident type with a the 'numbers numbers numbers' mantra.

Where I live and the particular area that I am 'targeting' the people know you, they want to know you and they are open and friendly.  They are fairly well off and I feel that they like to know what a quality product service we are selling to them.

Maybe 'quirky' is the wroing word but my flyer is A4 single sided.  I am going to add a 50% discount code for current customers and anyone who they recomend who signs up to their first clean.  It's a close knit community who have plenty disposable income, they shop together in our pavement cafe culture down here and they tend to congregate in the evenings in the local eateries and ale houses exchanging small-talk.  I am confident that 'Oh have we told you about opur new window cleaner chap, he's very good.  Here's his number, tell him I recommended you and we both get a 50% our next clean.

Seriously folks, we love our DFL's down here.

Additionally, I read a lot about people struggling to convert trad customers and moreso worried about perceived resistance to customers accepting wet weather cleaning.  I think I introduce the system as a innovative system and emphasise the subjects that are seen as a bit taboo my many, cleaners and customers alike.

Granny

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 09:48:52 am »
Sorry mate, I can't see how it's different.

It's well written and informative but quirky? Sorry to be blunt, it's just another flyer.

I've got exactly the same results from just a simple 'local friendly experienced window cleaner please phone ..... for a quote' as I've got from using dayglow card to using flyers with detailed information.

Sometimes by giving too much information you can create a sense of complexity in the customers mind about something as simple as 'I clean windows'. Cleaning windows is simple and should be presented as such or at least that's how I see it.
Sorry Andrew but I agree - too much info. Can't see anyone in busy everyday mode taking the time or effort to read it.
BTW do you sleep? 3a.m. :)

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 09:59:21 am »
You sound like my sister....

Appreciate the comments though.  I am only handing out the additional info to those who enquire.  I tend to get tongue tied when I try to explain the benefits etc.  I expect some have a pre-rehearsed script, not everyone is the confident type with a the 'numbers numbers numbers' mantra.

Where I live and the particular area that I am 'targeting' the people know you, they want to know you and they are open and friendly.  They are fairly well off and I feel that they like to know what a quality product service we are selling to them.

Maybe 'quirky' is the wroing word but my flyer is A4 single sided.  I am going to add a 50% discount code for current customers and anyone who they recomend who signs up to their first clean.  It's a close knit community who have plenty disposable income, they shop together in our pavement cafe culture down here and they tend to congregate in the evenings in the local eateries and ale houses exchanging small-talk.  I am confident that 'Oh have we told you about opur new window cleaner chap, he's very good.  Here's his number, tell him I recommended you and we both get a 50% our next clean.

Seriously folks, we love our DFL's down here.

Additionally, I read a lot about people struggling to convert trad customers and moreso worried about perceived resistance to customers accepting wet weather cleaning.  I think I introduce the system as a innovative system and emphasise the subjects that are seen as a bit taboo my many, cleaners and customers alike.

hey andrew,

if you are looking to market to a community who know you, then i think you should do more to present this side of your service in your flyer.  i would really push that so use your full name, have some quotes from local people on your flyer with their names on, and i would even put a face pic on it too, and a van pic if you have it sign written. 

if the 'i'm a local guy you know' is your marketing theme then really push that.  on this flyer you have not.

regarding the more or less information discussion you can go either way.  so long as you re making it clear you're a window cleaner and people can see that instantly, the extra info is fine.  a good thing to do is look at what the big national companies do on their leaflets and copy their ideas.  they will be testing their marketing spend and effectiveness stringently.  so look to companies like homeserve, green thumb, tesco's even...  to get an idea.

good luck
iSparkle Window Cleaning

bobplum

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 08:32:55 pm »
Made myself a leaflet/flyer today.  Hope you like it.  I think that it's quirky enough to be attractive to customers.  You'll get remembered and if anyone has any questions, they are all answered on the Fact Sheet.

Also, it is big and bold, and easily distinguishable from all the other dross.

Thoughts?

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B_X69FjlzwaCYW9VOU93Y3k5R2c

i keep ending in "google drive"advert?

Scrimble

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 08:38:29 pm »
looks pants

Window Washers

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 08:45:29 pm »
looks pants
simple flyer, can work just as well as a professional one
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Scrimble

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2012, 10:05:36 pm »
looks pants
simple flyer, can work just as well as a professional one

but its not simple,

its full of unnecessary information and bull shizzle, put 500 out and i bet you would be lucky to get 1 call,

Paul Griffin

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2012, 01:25:32 am »
Don't put loads and loads of writing on it as it will more than likely put someone off..

THe second page is not needed

Keep it simple and not to cluttered

rosskesava

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2012, 01:44:39 am »

Sorry Andrew but I agree - too much info. Can't see anyone in busy everyday mode taking the time or effort to read it.
BTW do you sleep? 3a.m. :)

I'm one of those odd people that only need 4 or maybe 5 hours sleep at most even after a heavy day. The early hours of the morning I find are a peacefull time and usually I go to bed around 3am. If I go to bed earlier, I'm wide awake at 4 or 5am.

Going back to the leaflet, why make something as simple as cleaning windows to be a problem. As per Andrew's sister, to me, it's 'do you want a window cleaner or not' and the leaflets I use just say 'Local and reliable window cleaner' and my phone number. It seems to work fine on the odd occasion I want more work in a particular area.

My best form of getting new business which takes time is the sign writing on my van plus recommendation from existing customers.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2012, 05:19:10 am »

i keep ending in "google drive"advert?
[/quote]

Your not missing out don't worry, it's 'pants' apparently according to the Internet gods. ;-)

Blast Away

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2012, 06:18:55 am »
Pay the design fee with printing.com and get 5000 for about £100.

Wc Solutions

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2012, 12:27:28 pm »
just had a quick look and to be honest -

too much text mate

as always keep it very simple!

yes of course some info is good but not all that, customer only wanna know what they wanna hear/read - ie the services, contact number and an idea of how good you are.

this works very well to help compact your round -

do a simple flyer stating your services and the fact you already clean a few houses in the road with the door numbers of those current customers - 9 times out of 10 the current customer will be friends or family of the new customers.

this way its like pushing a recommendation for your services

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2012, 03:26:35 pm »
No Mate its needs more work, sorry to be honest. You need to look at some of the dross out there it might make yours look bland.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2012, 03:42:07 pm »
it's better to get the leaflet right before you go out and start posting them.  it takes a lot of slog to get them thru enough doors, so better to make sure its as effective as it can be before you start.

of course the only way youll really know if its any good is if you test its performance against another alternative...  and then another etc etc
iSparkle Window Cleaning

g.brookes

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2012, 04:09:13 pm »
you say its distinguishable from all the other dross, but it looks just like all the other local sole trader diy type flyers.  wayyyyyy too much info on rear page.  i wouldnt even mention wfp cleaning (straight away anyone who doesnt know what it is or has a poor opinion of it will throw it in the bin)- just say something like 'we can reach every window' and 'we clean the frames and the sills, every time'.  get some colour on there and a picture if possible.  people want to know who you are.
i dont like being so negative but i think it needs a complete overhaul

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2012, 11:08:24 pm »
Cheers for the comments.

Been using it and the hubbies like the detail and the ladies like to chat.

Was actually asked for a spare few for handing round at a residential homes agm in 2 weeks. Also found that it hasn't stopped me yacking too much which was the intention.

The committee secretary insisted I raised my quote too, retired business couple.

I'm gonna do a simple version too following replies.  Ordering a clx27 this week to cope with a 4 storey house I picked up today.