Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tom White

Re: Ex-forces cleaners?
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2012, 05:38:21 pm »
3rd Battalion ,The Queens Regiment(the Die hards) 87-94

Didn't they become PWO in the early 90s?  I was in Vitez for a while with a bunch of PWO lads; funny bunch - good sense of humour. 

tompoole

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2012, 05:49:55 pm »
SAS (Saturdays ans Sundays ie the T/A)

;D ;D

Remember a while back it was reported that they're going to let the TA do more of the regular armys duties, now they're flat out advertising the TA.
All these poor blokes signing up thinking they're doing a bit of team building and mountain climbing - next thing they're on their way over to Afghanistan, bit underhand by the government surprise surprise.
And that's without all the regular armies redundancies which is why this is needed in the first place of course..

TA have been part of the regular army for a while now.
Elite soldiers from special forces serve in 4 para TA and this
Is the same all over... They go to theatre same as regular guys.
It's a different world now, the weekend toy soldier is long gone,
And has been for a while . Respect is due to anyone who serves
In TA as the do exactly the same now and always becareful
When taking the p out of the TA you never know who or where
He's been esp if he's in maroon and in his late 30's ;-)

*Hector*

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2012, 05:56:02 pm »
Royal Corps of Signals. 6 Field Force HQ and Sig Squadron. 79 - 85

Dispatch Rider.  Offered a place on the white helmets display team but turned it down to come out and make my fortune (what a Kn*b)  ;D

Tidworth?? You would know Gaz Day then Gingger git he was. ;D ;D

I was in the White Helmets for a while, but went 264 after it  :o :o
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Roy Cauldery

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2012, 11:11:33 pm »
3rd Battalion ,The Queens Regiment(the Die hards) 87-94

Didn't they become PWO in the early 90s?  I was in Vitez for a while with a bunch of PWO lads; funny bunch - good sense of humour. 

Hi Tosh
Almost right!
The Queens regt merged with the Royal Hampshires in 92 and formed The Princess of Wales Royal Regiment (PWRR) We had a great ceremonial day in Canterbury with Princess Diana and the presentation of the new colours(and what a good looking woman too!)
They have served with great distinction since the merger and are one of the most highly decorated units serving today(including one V.C -Cpl Johnson Beharry)
A small point, but somewhat poignant -I'm having dinner with a guy tomorrow evening that I served with 20 years ago in the Queens
He had a major border incursion into the republic of Ireland and did bird in the glass
house Colchester !!
Just goes to show that forces friendships span time and distance

Regards
Roy
we succeed because others can't or won't

stuart mc

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2012, 11:28:50 pm »
I shared a camp with PWRR in 97 in NI, good lads, stole our saltire so we stole the company sign ;D
it was also a RIR and RUC station and I robbed the RUC ration store one night for food ;D RUC were very good about it when the got me out of bed in the morning and said next time just ask :D then handed me a coffee to sober up, I tried denying it but the frozen loaf by my head gave it away ???

pjdcleaning

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2012, 12:05:18 pm »
Royal Engineers 75-81

Tom White

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2012, 10:00:14 pm »
Royal Engineers 75-81

Were you a Beachly Boy?  My last posting was at Beachly Barracks and I live a mile from there in what used to be the army married quarters for that barracks.  They sold these off a few years ago because they built a new estate by the barracks for security reasons.

The previous guys have left their MFO boxes in my attic!  >:(

H S and Son

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2012, 11:28:12 pm »
I was a cub scout from about '73-75 in Keynsham. Bronze arrow and think first-aid. Does that count?

Roy Cauldery

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2012, 12:45:07 am »
I was a cub scout from about '73-75 in Keynsham. Bronze arrow and think first-aid. Does that count?
F**k no!!! Unless you got the gold embroidered badge for fire lighting !!

Roy
we succeed because others can't or won't

kevinc

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2012, 09:16:19 pm »
tompoole is right  around 30% of the sas are ta have been for in my knowledge for thirty years or so,-i'm ex 34 signal regiment(v)
did twelve years at it-glad i did
don't knock the ta,we kicked the arse out of the regulars on more than one occasion,and i have had the honour in serving in the first regt in the corps of signals-it is something that stays with you,like a brotherhood i guess

bob sj

« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2012, 10:09:07 pm »
16 Regt Royal Artillary 2000-2005

Owen R

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2012, 02:11:54 pm »
Royal Navy 1973 to 1982

all that searching for the golden rivet that holds the ship together-not for me ;) ;)
It was my job to polish the rivet.  ;D