Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steve_c

Solar Panels
« on: July 08, 2012, 06:22:01 pm »
Do any of you clean solar panels as a add on?
I thought, and was told  by a installer cleaning is not required?
 I have had several inquires over the last few days.

G Griffin

Re: Solar Panels
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 06:37:08 pm »
Yes.
The best technique I find is: soap up, as you would a window and then straight pulls with your squeegee.
You don't need to do too much detailing because the customer can't really check the job. That's the hardest part, climbing up to the things.
Best to take your bucket up with you.
Sorry, mate, I couldn't help myself  :-[.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Steve_c

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 07:06:58 pm »
Yes.
The best technique I find is: soap up, as you would a window and then straight pulls with your squeegee.
You don't need to do too much detailing because the customer can't really check the job. That's the hardest part, climbing up to the things.
Best to take your bucket up with you.
Sorry, mate, I couldn't help myself  :-[.
LOL  ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 07:38:10 pm »
Google "Energy Saving Trust Solar Panel Cleaning"

Click on the energy saving trust website

Click on Maintenance

It says that a clean is a good idea from time to time at £30 a pop.

Quote it.

See? In among the tons of drivel I post on here I occasionally tip up with something useful eh?
It's a game of three halves!

tony atkinson

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 07:53:24 pm »
Cleaning of solar panels will void the warrenty as its ruins the rubber coating on them wich acts as self cleaning film on them i was told this by an installer so rang the company and was told the same also when they install the panels and give them there manual book it states they are self cleaning and cleaning them will ruin the power intake the only thing what is to be cleaned is the silver caseing on the edges the rubber coating is very thin and chages with the weather it goes hard in the heat and sun so this way nothing will eat in to them then wen its cold it softens then the rain will wash them down they also seid when they do test they can see were they loseing power intake due to the rubber being desturb and scratched in places and seid they only seen it after they have been cleaned wich i think is bullcrap thanks..

Dave.

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 07:55:23 pm »
Google "Energy Saving Trust Solar Panel Cleaning"

Click on the energy saving trust website

Click on Maintenance

It says that a clean is a good idea from time to time at £30 a pop.

Quote it.

See? In among the tons of drivel I post on here I occasionally tip up with something useful eh?

http://www.energysavingtrust.org.uk/Generate-your-own-energy/Solar-panels-PV#maintenance