Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

aftab

RO
« on: July 08, 2012, 12:27:08 pm »
Just wanted to know if you could use a wfp system without ro ie at what water reading would that be possible to work with just a di.  If anyone could shed some light on this for me people.

thanks in advance

johnny bravo

Re: RO
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 12:47:13 pm »
test your own windows and look at finished product when dry.   look for dirt dots on window.  as if you were the customer.

Window Washers

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 06:58:50 pm »
Just wanted to know if you could use a wfp system without ro ie at what water reading would that be possible to work with just a di.  If anyone could shed some light on this for me people.

thanks in advance

you can use tap water and a di, it depends on how high the tds (total dissolved solids) to how long the di resin will last you, if it is over about 50 then an ro will take it down, there are some that use di only about 50, but it you use a lot of water this is not cost effective.

Why do you not want to use an ro ?

Do you have a tds meter ? if not buy one and test your water it could save you a lot of wasted money.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

aftab

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 08:53:21 pm »
I was very interested in a system of which the link was provided below.  As it didnt come with a ro I wanted to be sure i needed to purchase one.  The water in my area was 75 so according to what i read i need one.  Ps what do you think of the van and system Ian, your expert advice would be appreciated. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Complete-Hot-water-fed-pole-window-cleaning-van-Peugeot-Partner-hdi-/290738245739

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 09:39:51 pm »
I dont use an RO and my tap water is about 60/70.

Fire away with any questions and ill do my best to answer them for you.

aftab

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 10:43:21 pm »
ok i figure with my reading of 75 i should be ok with just a di vessel.  My only real query would be for you James is does the di vessel get water pure enough and is it cost effective or would u recommend getting a ro.

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 10:52:39 pm »
ok i figure with my reading of 75 i should be ok with just a di vessel.  My only real query would be for you James is does the di vessel get water pure enough and is it cost effective or would u recommend getting a ro.

Yes, i use an 11ltr vessel and it works perfect.

I use around 1000 ltrs a week, 200 a day as we only use WFP for top windows. The resin will need changing after about 3 months.

A bag of resin costs about £70 which has 25ltrs worth in there, so it will last about 7.5 months.

If you want to add a 2nd DI to save resin then you can, or if you have money for an RO then again you can.

Hope this helps.

aftab

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 11:07:56 pm »
cheers for that reply, its kind of cleared up a few things and given be options, as im in process of actively looking for a van.  I now know that can go for one with or witout ro.  Its just a matter of lloking around now.  again thanks

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 11:14:54 pm »
cheers for that reply, its kind of cleared up a few things and given be options, as im in process of actively looking for a van.  I now know that can go for one with or witout ro.  Its just a matter of lloking around now.  again thanks

That van and system that your looking at on ebay, only has a 6ltr DI vessel mind... which is half the size of mine so it wont last as long, the resin would need replacing a lot sooner.

aftab

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2012, 11:28:55 pm »
i rang the man with the van and he said his alreay sold it.  His put another van on today but that ones around the 3500 and i personaly dont think its what im after, if you get a chance take a look at it and give me an opinion.  your info bout di vessels has come in useful now as i know without ro id wanna go around 11 also.  Just a shot in the dark im looking at k systems on e bay, would u buy from them ?  Also do u know where i could get myself  a kitted out van ( budget 2.500)

thanks

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2012, 11:36:55 pm »
I personally would NEVER buy a system off a company as I know its ALOT cheaper to buy all the parts seperatly, and install it all yourself.

Where are you based?

Window Washers

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2012, 11:40:21 pm »
I personally would NEVER buy a system off a company as I know its ALOT cheaper to buy all the parts seperatly, and install it all yourself.

Where are you based?

it depends James if you have the time to sit there shopping around to buy them all, then have a metal frame made, then installed correctly.

I did this a few times and it cost me more in time than the worth of the saving, I did get the system the way I wanted which at the time was not available from suppliers.

Would I buy all the bits again and make it myself again, unlikely
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

aftab

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2012, 11:43:07 pm »
midlands, birmingham.  Yes what u said makes absolute sense.  i generally didnt want to buy from a company, rather someone selling there van.  Ive given thought to the idea of building your system but thought it may be easier for me to buy one ready to go.  In this moment n time im keeping all my options open.  What would u recommend?  

Window Washers

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2012, 11:51:30 pm »
midlands, birmingham.  Yes what u said makes absolute sense.  i generally didnt want to buy from a company, rather someone selling there van.  Ive given thought to the idea of building your system but thought it may be easier for me to buy one ready to go.  In this moment n time im keeping all my options open.  What would u recommend?  
Buy one already working, if you can buy a second hand one class it as a result, just make sure the tanks secured and is big enough for what you need, make sure the payload is high enough for you all you equipment and the water tank/system. Have seen so many systems not that are dangerous, to big for the van they are sat in.

if in doubt post a link to what your buying and we can look over that for you  ;)

aftab

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2012, 11:57:25 pm »
Yeah nice one, thats the road im gonna go down.  Just a question of finding a van that i like, but will post the link defo and take on board the advice given. 

Blast Away

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2012, 12:25:41 am »
My tap water is 036 and 002 through DI vessel. I was told from Simon who sold me the vessel that the resin may need changing. But also another guy has said 002 is still good enough.

Window Washers

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2012, 01:22:48 am »
My tap water is 036 and 002 through DI vessel. I was told from Simon who sold me the vessel that the resin may need changing. But also another guy has said 002 is still good enough.
turn the flow down a little my drop this down, 002 is fine although I get edgy when it is not 000