Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Inskip1991

Backpacks?
« on: June 26, 2012, 07:22:29 pm »
Thinking about getting a cheap backpack kit to reach awkward windows, con roofs etc which cannot be done trad.

One question though, how do you fill them so the water is pure?

What I don't understand is if you just pour the water into the backpack tank, how does the filter have chance to purify it? Might be a simple answer but I cannot think!  ???

Any help appreciated.

Window Washers

Re: Backpacks?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 07:24:32 pm »
Thinking about getting a cheap backpack kit to reach awkward windows, con roofs etc which cannot be done trad.

One question though, how do you fill them so the water is pure?

What I don't understand is if you just pour the water into the backpack tank, how does the filter have chance to purify it? Might be a simple answer but I cannot think!  ???

Any help appreciated.
you need a water treatment system (it makes purified water) like and OR and DI, backpack is just a delivery system (it just pumps water)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 07:25:26 pm »
You fill a holding tank with pure water, you then transfer into 25l containers and use these to fill backpack

Inskip1991

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 07:49:16 pm »
Ok thanks for the replies, so basically you need a static tank in a garage or warehouse for example, which makes the pure water, you then just transfer that into the backpack?

simonr

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 09:02:33 pm »
depends on your tap water if its a  low ppm you only need a di vessel & some 25ltr cannisters. you need to buy a tds meter , about £15 , from w/cleaning suppliers to test it , if your water has a high ppm then its a bit more complicated

Tom White

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 12:03:46 am »
Ok thanks for the replies, so basically you need a static tank in a garage or warehouse for example, which makes the pure water, you then just transfer that into the backpack?

If it's just for the odd few windows a water butt would suffice.  Leaves and stuff may find their way in there, but it won't affect the water purity, oddly enough.