Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

edd

will not pay because???
« on: January 14, 2006, 04:02:54 pm »
We did a carpet clean job but the chap wont pay because he states we ruined his Victorian mosaic hard flooring with chemical spills. I use Prochem stuff and know that no way that this is possible. Now it turns out that his wife is a mobile nail technician and uses acetones maybe she spillt some what now any idears plz help edd We live in Shropshire the job was done 2 monthes ago. The rough quote over the phone was £180 -£200 ish but when i got there his wife asked me to do 2 extra 3 piece suites and 2 beds totaling £305  this is for 6 bedrooms two 3 piece suites 2 flights of staires large lounge & large dining room  & study so not over priced at all in fact i did the 3 piece suites 4 half price. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

John Kelly

Re: will not pay because???
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 04:07:08 pm »
People tend to be a bit more responsive if you put a bit more info on your profile. At least where you are.

scott.

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 04:39:19 pm »
I would get in touch with prochem and get it in writing from them, that it isnt possible, for whatever reason. As this would, in effect be a statement from an expert witness, so to speak...as they are the manufacturer of the product.
That said, you could then issue a small claims summons against him based on that evidence, should he still refuse to pay.

Scott Martin

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 10:14:44 pm »
Go the old way. Keep your extraction water for the week and tell him if he does not pay then it is going over the carpet or better still you will give him a bath in it.

Prob chancing it, hate people like that.

The Ultimate In Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning!

Timmy Boy

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 09:30:54 am »
I have seen hi force pre spray leave marks on tiles like the ones you are describing, but it only needs to be scrubbed away with some water & a brush. When it happened to us in a pub we said that it wasn't a residue, the chemical has shown you how dirty your floor is. He then got us back to scrub all his tiles ;D

Adrian Makel

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 03:07:09 pm »
to be honest i wouldn`t have left the property untill i had received payment,the longer you leave it the harder it will become to get your money.i never do a job without taking a few photos first,it covers your back and makes the chances of a customer trying it on a lot less.Good luck ::)

Geoff Jewkes

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 07:08:15 pm »
I know a guy who poured waste down a funnel through the letter box. Lots of it. Still no money but he had a laugh and  gives everyone a laugh at the pub!!!!

homenclean

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2006, 09:46:52 am »
These people are taking the mick, i bet he said the same to the painter, electrician and plumber. Tell the guy you are going to put an add in his local shop warning other tradesmen that he is a bad payer also tell him that when you are working for his neighbours youl tell them he is scamming you.

Once you have written undertaking from pro chem saying that there chem couldnt have done this go on line fill out a court summons and post it to him saying if you dont get your cheque in 7 days you are filling it with the county court.

Dont let the pratt get away with it your probably not the first and you wont be the last he does it too.

John

*Chris Browne

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2006, 10:22:05 am »
Dont mess, small claims court now!....or write to them of your intentions.

chris

www.scsf.co.uk

scott.

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2006, 08:02:42 pm »