Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lisa123

market research figures
« on: January 17, 2006, 05:46:45 pm »
hi, i'm having to do a business plan, in more depth, has anyone got the info on the cleaning industry that i could take a look at?
Thanks

Art

Re: market research figures
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 05:55:44 pm »
Is this to open a business account?

lisa123

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 06:02:58 pm »
yeah and to get more funding.

dustdees

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 06:05:18 pm »
Hi Lisa,

How's it going? Longtime no hear!!

How did you get the chance of a business account , becasue some of your previous posts said you were having difficulty?

Have you moved to sunny Chester yet?

Love

Denise xxx

Art

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 06:14:12 pm »
Lisa,

The best thing i could suggest is get in touch with business link they might be able to offer free advice or a free face to face meet

Arthur

lisa123

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 06:16:24 pm »
Hiya Denise

I didn't go in the end to chester. I'm still in dreary Shrewsbury.
Ihave spoken to some banks and some people who my biz advisor out me on to about accounts and funding, so hopefully, I'll get something.
It would  be much easier if my biz partner was interested in doing something for us, but she's fannying about. Wants to be in the biz but isn't doing anything to help. I haven't seen or heard from her for 2 weeks! Looks like i'm buying her out in April. (all £63.50 she paid in!)

I've just been out and about leafleting, averaging 1 enquiry out of 300 leaflets delivered, so far no definate 'yes' yet though.

Hope you are busy, it seems that january has gone quiet.

bluesky1

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 07:37:35 pm »
Hi Lisa,

There is research available on the domestic cleaning industry,barclays business produce fact sheets that they will send out free of charge.Your local business link will also be able to provide the same.You also mentioned funding where did you obtain this,in my area there seems to be nothing.

regards 

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2006, 10:50:41 pm »
I would also advise to contact The Prince's Trust.   They helped me when I started my business 6 years ago, but I did write the business plan.
Good luck,
Arthur

garyj

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2006, 12:40:25 am »
You're going about this the right way though, same as carpet cleaning, leaflet, leaflet and then leaflet some more. Leaflet by the thousand, its a numbers game and the work will come in, even if it is months down the line. Aim to re-do an area after 5 or 6 weeks and get your name known. Its slow hard work but it works, it will also get a bit of weight off you and get you fitter and healthier. Thats if you don't catch a cold, get mugged  or get bitten by a very large dog.

BTW, looking forward to your 'how do I post a leaflet' post. Have you missed me?  :P :-* ;D

Art

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2006, 12:53:48 am »
Gary,
Surely your not saying lisa is the master of question upon question  ::) ;D

lisa123

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2006, 12:58:15 am »
hi gary  :P where have you been? i have missed the mindless banter.

If i ask loads of questions, it helps others who are scared to ask incase they get their head chewed off by the likes of you  ;D

errm, how do you post leaflets???  :-*

Art

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2006, 01:05:55 am »
Lisa,

Looks like the scsf meeting is in the midlands, hope your going to atttend as after all it was you who made the only objection to it being around oxford  :D

lisa123

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2006, 01:09:42 am »
oh brilliant, when is it?

Art

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2006, 01:11:58 am »
Log onto scsf register for the forum and all will be revealed ;D ;D