Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

scott.

plastic Carpet protector marks
« on: January 10, 2006, 09:13:58 pm »
Recently went to a job, and the previous owner had layed rolls of that transparent rolls of plastic carpet protector through-out..along the hallway and up 2 flights of stairs.
This had now been removed and left track marks along both sides where it didnt meet the walls.
This was the first time I have encountered this, and It didnt budge very much at all..I guess this must have had something to do with fading or something.
I called prochem, and they didnt seem to have much of a clue.
Wondering if anyone else has come across this before, and did you manage to rectify it...bound to come across it again one day.
I used Traficlean prespray (strong mix)  and fibre & fabric rinse in the tank...the carpet was...sorta gingerish.

Doug Holloway

Re: plastic Carpet protector marks
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 04:56:46 pm »
Hi Scott,

Not much you can do as the plastic sheets will have damaged the carpet due to the numptyly bits compressing the carpet.

On a wool carpet you could remove most indents with HWE,  but on a plastic carpet permanent damage may have occurred.

cheers

Doug

scott.

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 05:54:56 pm »
Doug
It wasnt numptyly bits that were the problem, as you couldnt see them...It was the two different shades left by where the protective rolls were.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 07:33:13 am »
Scott,

Almost certainly caused by the UV changing the colour of the uncovered carpet.

Nothing you can do about this and important to prequalify, so customer does not have unrealistic expectations.

cheers

Doug

scott.

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 04:02:30 pm »
Doug
Thats the funny thing...there were no windows where the carpet is...no natural light at all...just electric. ???

John Kelly

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 04:09:09 pm »
Atmospheric conditions, cooking fumes etc can all cause degredation/colour change on the unprotected part.