Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Marty Mcfly

Is it all about the PSI??
« on: April 20, 2012, 11:04:08 pm »
Simple question, does 130psi just not cut it these days for a porty? Used 400psi ninjas etc and been very pleased, but now may have a chance for a very good deal on a 130psi machine?

Never used a machine with 130psi so looking for some input from you guys of what to expect  result wise?? Is it worth it??

Cheers in advance.

Kinver_Clean

Re: Is it all about the PSI??
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 11:22:27 pm »
It depends on which presprays you use. Some are very free rinsing and 130 is adequate.
If you have powerful vacs the higher pressure will speed things up.
I use 130 twin vac and microsplitters and get very good results.
If I did pubs and offices then I would be looking at something more powerful but for domestics and EOTs then 130 is fine.
I prefer not to rush things too much but if you have 5 jobs a day thats different.
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

Jim_77

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 01:00:27 am »
PSI is meaningless on its own, and I'd even go as far as saying it's of secondary importance compared to flow rate.  A good balance of the two is best :)

Depends what carpet you're cleaning too.  A minging polyprop will need a high PSI to really show it who's boss, whereas a wool carpet doesn't need so much bullying even when quite dirty.

John Kelly

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 09:16:00 am »
Higher is better but there are thousands of cleaners using 130 psi machines and have done for decades. The higher spec machine whether its a high power portable or top of the range truckmount makes it easier and faster to do the job. Doesn't necessarily do a better job. That is down to the operator and processes utilised.

Does a guy with a 100psi machine who spends half an hour thoroughly vacuuming the carpet before applying his pre-spray, agitate then extract do a better clean than a guy with a truckmount who just goes straight on with the wand?

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 10:00:36 am »
The issue is balancing the psi, or flow rate with the amount of vac performance you have to remove the the moisture from the carpet.
We have a twin vac rhino with 135psi pump and it does a really good job because the balance between what is being put down and what is being recovered from the carpet is correct.

Simon

charles911

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 11:08:08 am »
gettin rid of ur ninja?  :)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 01:46:42 pm »
I think it depends on how you clean, you can clean using the Psi to pressure wash the carpet fibres this can work as good as using a scrubber, there's more than 1 way to clean a carpet you just have to be flexible.

I've just come back from cleaning some carpet tiles, they were rotary scrubbed and then rinsed with 100psi.

Shaun

Marty Mcfly

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2012, 03:05:46 pm »
Cheers for the feedback guys, very informative.
Not looking to sell up by the way ref the Ninja, possibly looking to start up, or should i say fly the nest and do my own thing.

Kev Loomes

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2012, 06:31:16 pm »
Couldnt you jump in the motor, go back to the future, see if it turns out alright, if not, come back and do something different - or something like that ;D

Marty Mcfly

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 09:22:13 pm »
Kev, why didnt i think of that!? But I need a nuclear reaction to generate the 1.21 gigawatts of electricity and plutonium is hard to come by!  ::)