Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dan paton

prochem training
« on: April 19, 2012, 12:10:21 am »
just got back from a prochem 2 day carpet cleaning course . learned loads about fibre id, burn tests, dye bleed tests etc. glad i went as i have taken a lot from it  but never picked up a wand in the two days i was there .... but one of the last things said was .. i strongly reccomend that you all join the ncca.. is this a course to sell a course as to join the ncca i need to do another course . more money ! think i'll spend it on marketing instead

charles911

Re: prochem training
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 12:26:29 am »
why dont you contact them and find out what other courses they do like spot stain removal or somthing? You may be able to join after somthing like that which would complement what you have already done!

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 07:37:10 am »
lol they still pushing the old boys club then ? i see northing changes much in the industry  ;D

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 07:45:43 am »
Dan,
Join TACCA, it's free and spend the money saved on other courses which are essential in your development as a pro.

Simon

derek west

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 07:53:29 am »
The NCCA is changing, i've heard on the grape vine that they maybe taking membership from guys that have done other courses, (wonder why  ;D) not confirmed though. but well done NCCA if they are.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 08:04:08 am »
The NCCA is changing, i've heard on the grape vine that they maybe taking membership from guys that have done other courses, (wonder why  ;D) not confirmed though. but well done NCCA if they are.

changeing ???? about time they did  , clear out the old boys that looked down at everything new still wouldnt join them to much chest thumping gone on in the past for me but i guess most of them guys would of croaked it buy now

dan paton

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 11:34:49 am »
cheers simon that sounds like very good advice to me .

petermaybury

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 10:51:14 pm »
Dan
a couple of days training will not make you an expert. The trick is to remember what you have been taught. Simon's advice is sound, but to join the Tacca there are equipment standards etc that must be met so make that a target and not an immeadiate thing.
Anybody regardless of the equipment they own or their abilities can join the ncca, as long as they do the 2 day course and complete a simple test. Not really a big feather in your cap to aim for.
I think that experience is going the best teacher you just have to remember what you have been told and put that into practice when needed.
good luck
Peter
www.carpetcleanercardiff.com

dan paton

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 05:21:45 pm »
good advice as well peter .im not going to join anything yet although ive got most things neccesery to join tacca except a rotary machine which i am currently looking for and 1 other form of recognised training and im booking a couple of more courses. but most of all getting experience . my aim is to make money not join orginisations but thats not to say i wont in the future . work coming in now and things looking up  ;D