Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pricing
« on: January 13, 2006, 07:00:48 pm »
Hi
I am starting back in the carpet cleaning world after after a break for a few years, I have 11 years experience but obviously pricing has  changed. I used to charge £90 for a three piece and £1.60 per sqm.

Has pricing changed much? I used to aim for £150 per day, do I need to look at things differently. I am operating just outside Norwich so have a large possible client base plus old clients

Any advise please.

Thanks

Carl

simonc

Re: Pricing
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 07:47:09 pm »
we are based in Bristol and charge 3.50 per sg metre for domestic and 145.00 for 3pce suite as an idea
simon

BRSL

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 08:27:00 pm »
Carl The problem is the industry is moving so fast and equipment is so more advanced and expensive that we all have to be charging more monney with knowledge not coming cheep either and training required more regulary, but I think people should honestly charge what they are worth, theres the people that charge £20 a house but equipment is old or underpeowered and there knowlwdge is limited (well they can plug it in) and there are others out there that are charging over £3 sqm and dont pre vac, I think with your knowledge and experiance you can be charging at high prices but does your equipment let you down, I need to make what you used to make just to break even but my prices arent that high between £2-3 a sqm and £120 3PS

Good luck
W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 10:04:18 pm »
Thank you, all useful info, I guess it depends on the area you live as well, general prices in Norwich have risen including house prices, I still see people advertising really cheap prices.

I am going to price on quality and service, I know what I am doing and will give a great service to my clients. Have brought a ninja machine (like I used to have).
I also run a domestic house maid service which I have managed to franchise out in Norfolk so the revenues generated will support me whilst I get the carpet cleaning off the ground.

Is leafleting still the best way to get started again?

Thanks

Carl