Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

john martin

Mytee Quadvac
« on: March 02, 2012, 06:33:47 pm »
 Making good figures ...   
 I think this is an experimental 'hybrid'  running electric or from belt driven generator connected to van engine ... also heat exchanger from van cooling system ... but not a storage version tank like bane , although i think its been considered ...

should run on two cords here id say ...  as for the van generator / exchanger ( before someone says just get a TM :P ) is said to be low fuel costs from van idle and low maintenance costs + cheap repair on main unit  .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_GVKp1x9Zt8

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: Mytee Quadvac
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 06:49:56 pm »
Nice but not cheap did you see the extras at the end?

If you buy a generator won't that be the same as filling a TM with petrol?

Shaun

john martin

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 06:56:48 pm »
Nice but not cheap did you see the extras at the end?

If you buy a generator won't that be the same as filling a TM with petrol?

Shaun

I think i would prefer just electric + bane type storage engine exchanger ....
but they say this generator is low cost to run ...

there are pics on other boards ,   go to a board with ' Mikeys '  :) in the name  and there are pics of generator + exchanger from military hummer ..

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 07:01:39 pm »
I love the idea of it I'm not convinced about it's reliability there are alot of components to break and go wrong with 4 vac motors, my old Bane never ever broke it was just so good, under powered in todays world though, I think the way ahead for electric TM's is a vac blower though just needs pimping.

Shaun

john martin

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 07:11:44 pm »
I would kinda agree ... im not sure the electric blower was ever exploited to its full potential at 230v ... we got a tweaked USA version
but over all great as complete system as you say ...
I have a feeling a blower based ETM would cost more though and perhaps not exceed figures for this machine .

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 07:22:17 pm »
It shouldn't as you can get a 3 series blower in a prowler etc for under £7k and that has a petrol engine added not an electric motor which is cheaper to buy.

Shaun

john martin

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 07:47:17 pm »
yes this is a relatively expensive bit of kit ... but perhaps first of its kind , and low running costs they claim

But as a standalone unit a quadvac ETM should cost not much more than a good porty ..
would a single electric blower be able to match its output   ,  dont think so ..
perhaps two blowers in parallel on two cords ... but it would be expensive id say

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 07:54:34 pm »
There's more to play with a blower ie you could run a larger blower or run a blower with faster rotations, in the US they pimped Banes in various ways with slow start ups so they wouldn't blow fuses also making them direct drive I'm sure the list to eek more from it are endless.

Shaun

john martin

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 08:07:19 pm »
Yes , all bane now direct drive ...  and they used a 1.5hp motor on the blower , im sure we could soft start a 3-4kw motor at 230v ..   i remember reading mytee had tested a blower with 5hp motor ..  not sure why no one has developed it in the UK ...

john martin

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 08:22:55 pm »
nice diy with a 3HP here ...  still dont think it would match performance of a quadvac
but it would be reliable and quiet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEcCYg7VUyQ&context=C33f9e3aADOEgsToPDskKxy4KzVcDv9aUGVLczxXTG

PaulKing

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2012, 08:41:56 am »
5000 dollar for a generator that runs off a 2 litre van engine ok I understand it 10kw and you could run your house off it but all that wiring I I the van a distribution board?

Every time you change a energys state you lose energy laws of thermodynamics so  chemical(petrol or diesel)  to rotationial energy for the generator to electric , then electric to rotation energy in the vacs and pump.

Why not cut it down like ordinary tms to chemical to rotation end and use a smaller engine to do it the cc of most machine are well under 1 litre normally around the 500cc mark.
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

john martin

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2012, 12:07:03 pm »
5000 dollar for a generator that runs off a 2 litre van engine ok I understand it 10kw and you could run your house off it but all that wiring I I the van a distribution board?

Every time you change a energys state you lose energy laws of thermodynamics so  chemical(petrol or diesel)  to rotationial energy for the generator to electric , then electric to rotation energy in the vacs and pump.

Why not cut it down like ordinary tms to chemical to rotation end and use a smaller engine to do it the cc of most machine are well under 1 litre normally around the 500cc mark.

From what i'd read ... 
The generator ( enormous alternator thing from military hummer )  is using half the fuel of a 20HP TM
engine at idle about 1500 rpm ....  20HP at about 3000rpm
and thats in an american petrol van ...  knock off some more for a diesel at idle ?

Dont think it could be shoehorned into every van engine though ...

http://i43.tinypic.com/2ic6xir.jpg

Inverter + heatexchanger
http://i40.tinypic.com/soyeqp.jpg

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2012, 02:12:32 pm »
You are not allowed to run an engine in an unattended vehicle in this country, so a genny off van engine is out.
Why else have tms all got their own engine?
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

john martin

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2012, 02:30:15 pm »
You are not allowed to run an engine in an unattended vehicle in this country, so a genny off van engine is out.
Why else have tms all got their own engine?

That is a very good point ...
Although i think on private property its a bit of a grey area ...
and with the noise of the vacs the cops wont hear the engine  :D
The only case posecuted case iv read on the net was a £30 spot fine ...

We dont have as big an electrical distribution problem as the USA  at 120v
so we should get away with running the likes of this from two cords ...
and they are talking about making updated version of Banes ' heat water as you drive ' storage tanks

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2012, 02:53:19 pm »
You share some very good information John where are you from?

In the uk the tm revolution must be slowing down a little as the suppliers aren't selling as many also one of our major players isn't even selling them anymore and the larger portables are increasing in power.

Shaun

john martin

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2012, 07:56:32 pm »
You share some very good information John where are you from?

In the uk the tm revolution must be slowing down a little as the suppliers aren't selling as many also one of our major players isn't even selling them anymore and the larger portables are increasing in power.

Shaun

Based in ROI Shaun , most of this is from other boards but i get mildly excited when something new comes along .  :)
Tm's not selling , perhaps newcomers afraid to take on debt in this climate ? fear of rising fuel prices ? portables getting better as you say...new TM still profitable for established business im sure , nice to have alternatives though .