Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Simon Gerrard

Derek West
« on: March 04, 2012, 12:06:49 pm »
I have to say that when Derek first came on the scene I had my doubts about him, but those doubts have melted into complete and utter admiration for the man. Not only has he built a very successful business from scratch in an incredibly short period of time, he has also done a fantastic job with TACCA which must have taken huge amounts of both his time and resources and hats off to the man for that. Well done, Derek.

Simon

AshWhite

Re: Derek West
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 12:12:41 pm »
+1

I'm just preparing to leave for an Alltec course which was arranged with a 50% discount for members of TACCA (and of course the generosity of Alltec!). And I'm looking forward to the Carpet Cleaners Day Out in May. Some great benefits in such a short time of TACCA being operational.

Well done Derek mate.
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

derek west

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 01:04:52 pm »
TACCA's a group effort. without your belief and support it would be nothing, i just built the foundations. just wish a few others could be like you simon and say, F it, lets give it our support and see where we (as an even larger group) can take it. 152 approved members so far, 370 odd registered on the site. restoremate, hydramaster and alltec really helping us out with newsletter mentions, with some interesting new associates in the pipeline.

heres the best stat, the website has 990 pages :o and some of them pages are hovering on page 2 and 3 for each approved member. just had a meeting with the web designer and have some interesting new plans, these will be in the next newsletter.

and the best thing is the NCCA are sitting up and taking notice so they're actually becoming pro active and discussing new ideas themselves, which in its self is fantastic for the industry.

still working on a maccies discount for TACCA members, will keep you all posted on that one. ;D

Billy Russell

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 01:12:30 pm »
Ash, text me your number!!! i lost it, 07538089693

Allan Simmons

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 01:46:00 pm »
Great job Derek.  I am recommending our users join as suggested, I know two who have said they have applied and keep giving you a shout on our Chem-Dry forum too.

Al.

Ricky M

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 03:43:34 pm »
Cant wait till you start to do something tacca D

they will be changing times IMO

gett that man a cigar
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

Craigp

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 03:51:08 pm »
I might even jump ship from NCCA to TACCA. we'll see, but I agree it great that it's motivated NCCA.

Simon climb out of Dereks ass ;D

AshWhite

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 03:58:16 pm »
I might even jump ship from NCCA to TACCA. we'll see, but I agree it great that it's motivated NCCA.

Simon climb out of Dereks ass ;D

Why not both Craig?
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

Kev Loomes

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2012, 04:07:48 pm »
Derek, it would be interesting to know what your web guy has planned!

I would give a shout out to our users to get on board - but as bundles of them are on this forum already, they already know ;D

Cheers

Kev

Craigp

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2012, 04:13:37 pm »
I'm a member of clean trust too, so I feel advertising 3 associations a bit much and may confuse the public reading..

Craigp

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2012, 04:17:05 pm »
Why not advertise on the NCCA newsletter!
 ;D

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2012, 08:34:36 pm »
Having done this sort of thing before I'm only too aware of how much time has to go into these ideas, and that is time and effort that could have gone into his own business.
Yeh he's not done bad for a northerner ;D
Seriously Derek does walk the walk and not just talk the talk, although he can do that quite well too :D

Jim_77

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2012, 11:47:08 pm »
Watched an interview with Noel Gallagher on TV the other night.  I couldn't help thinking that if I shut my eyes and he started talking about carpet cleaning it was Derek on telly!!! ;D

Chris Hawkes

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2012, 09:16:38 am »
Just a quick one to agree with Simon - TACCA is developing into something of real substance and Derek is doing a great job of developing it.  Too many people are all talk and no action.  Derek is certainly not one of those.

Following on from Jim's Gallagher related post I follow the maxim of a line from one of the crooner's tunes - "You gotta make it 'appen".

Derek is making it 'appen