Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pipgleamclean

rotovac
« on: February 28, 2012, 05:05:30 pm »
at the last carpet cleaning show, i was looking at the rotovac, does anyone out there use one and if so is it any good, also will it work with a portable machine, (i have a prochem machine).
also are there any other companies doing a simular idea.

neil kellett

Re: rotovac
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 05:24:25 pm »
The Rotovac is just an expensive wand. Its a power wand designed by the americans to be used with truck mounts in larger areas. I bought one in 08' when I got the Alltec Advance. The Advance can power it because its 600 psi and was one of the earlier machines to go twin vac ( I think )
If your using a prochem (probably a single vac Galaxy or something) It may not have the suction to deal with the amount of water a Rotovac will go through.  It has three nozzles on each head so you may need to block one off.  I only use it now on thich rugs and its just the dogs. it seems to actually sear off the top of the fibres because the amount left in the waste tank would nearly cover a sheep!
Too cumbersome to use in small rooms though.
Vilyetyet' c paboti mozhna v dva c4yota!
One can lose a job in the blink of an eye!

Allan Simmons

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 05:45:16 pm »
Here Here Neil, we have one and use it on rugs, got it from Alltec after seeing it demo'd on a rug years ago, it's the mutts.  We ran it off a portable before using truckmount.  Ours had a valve on to reduce the flow.  They're not great on low level loop pile carpets though.  Horses for courses.  I know Rob has demo ones in his place if you're near him.

Al.

Craigp

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 07:32:20 pm »
Are you both talking about the 360i or the powerwand?

Allan Simmons

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 09:46:25 am »
The twin headed powerwand.  We also use the RX20's but these jump the rugs about too much.  Not sure if the 360 has a similar effect as it's just one head.  The twin heads seem to hold the rug in place and you have more control.  This one

http://www.carpet-cleaning-equipment.net/rotovac_powerwand.shtml

Pipgleamclean

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 06:21:31 pm »
i was looking into the 360i machine/ head is that what you are all talking about????

Allan Simmons

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 06:38:19 pm »
The 360 will clean carpets amazing.  It wont be great on rugs as it will move the rug around too much.  It only has one head which rotates and this will spin the loose rugs around, or can, but on carpets its brilliant.  I think Rob at Alltec has them.

C Phillips

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 09:01:18 pm »
360i is a brilliant peice of kit I use mine on 95% of jobs, I could use all day without getting arm ache.  they can be a pane  in small room with lots of furniture, becouse you need a bit of space to use them, but will get the dirtyest of carpets clean.

Chris

Barry Livingstone

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 10:32:06 am »
If anyone looking to get rid of a 360 Ive cash waiting.
Carpet, Upholstery cleaning & hard floor cleaning.
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

Paul Moss

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 02:00:26 pm »
The 360 will clean carpets amazing.  It wont be great on rugs as it will move the rug around too much.  It only has one head which rotates and this will spin the loose rugs around, or can, but on carpets its brilliant.  I think Rob at Alltec has them.

The 360 and 360i have 3 heads same as the RX. I use the 360 in preference to the RX because of its size and for what i need it for. It is perfect for rugs, however thin machine made rugs dont get on with it and your better with a wand.

Allan Simmons

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2012, 04:26:39 pm »
Thanks for the info Paul.  Have you tried both the 360 and RX-20's? Do you have a preference? We use RX-20's but never used 360's

AL.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 03:52:21 pm »
The 360 will clean carpets amazing.  It wont be great on rugs as it will move the rug around too much.  It only has one head which rotates and this will spin the loose rugs around, or can, but on carpets its brilliant.  I think Rob at Alltec has them.

But you use a Rotary in a Rug Pit  to shampoo a rug so cannot see why 360 i would cause problems apart from very thin rugs from ikea

John Kelly

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2012, 05:04:35 pm »
Because when you are using a rotary it is just the brush bristles rubbing in a shampoo. The bristles are lubricated with the shampoo so just glide over the surface. With a Rotovac you are using suction so it is sticking to the surface.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2012, 11:50:06 pm »
Good point . But you can get Carpet Brushes and Bonnets for Rotovac  so I think I was thinking of it as as agitation or Bonnet Machine with the vac off,

K.O. Glanville

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2012, 03:28:23 am »
Because when you are using a rotary it is just the brush bristles rubbing in a shampoo. The bristles are lubricated with the shampoo so just glide over the surface. With a Rotovac you are using suction so it is sticking to the surface.

To overcome this, simply disconnect the vacuum hose.

You can use brush, bonnet or pad as well in this way.

If you're in the pit, you also don't need the solution line.

Just use it like a normal scrubber/polisher type swing machine.

Shorty.

Allan Simmons

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2012, 07:07:33 am »
I didn't realise you could get different head attachments for the 360 so you could also use pads or scrub brush, that makes it far more versatile than the powerwand too.  The powerwand is also too cumbersome in small rooms.