Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

creighton foyle

soy sauce and smoothie stains
« on: February 28, 2012, 11:20:33 am »
i have a carpet to clean tomorrow, its a repeat customer and if memory serves it is a very long shagpile carpet.  the customer says it now comes with a soy sauce stain and a smoothie stain. i have an alltec spotter kit some nemesis and some solutions spotters, any help would be appreciated.

last time i cleaned the carpet i used the host which is why i did not feel the need to identify the carpet fibres though this visit i will.

Jamie Pearson

Re: soy sauce and smoothie stains
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 01:38:25 pm »
Chemspec Dye Gone will shift soy sauce if it wont move using conventional methods.

ie Sod Met

creighton foyle

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 04:33:50 pm »
thanks

Jim_77

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 11:56:51 pm »
Sound like odd customers...  were they drinking smoothies with soy sauce chasers?  Or mixing the two together as a long drink? :D

Jamie I was talking to someone the other day who said dye gone was the same as hydramaster's knockout, i.e. the two separate containers of hydrogen peroxide and ammonia with the fancy mixing trigger spray... which is it??

colin fitch

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 07:41:55 am »
Also sounds similar to Chemspecs Helpmate [2 part system]

colin.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 08:30:22 am »
It has replaced Chemspec Helpmate Coffee Stain Remover and is essentially the same products.

The mixing sprayer obviously means its mixed fresher, less waste and more convenient.

Its proving extremely popular. Thats nearly 12 kits gone in 4 days.

Its convenience more than anything as folks found the mixing stopped them from using it.
That and the fact it shifts Irn-Bru. We have had 2 customers say now they have taken out stains that they have attempted a few times in the past without any luck using Helpmate.

As for the Hydramaster Knockout I am not familiar with the product but sounds like it is similar. DyeGone is Hydrogen Peroxide:Ammonia also. Not sure if there is anything else added. It doesn't show anything else on the data sheet.

Once upon a time we had our Industrial Chemist neighbour try to replicate Helpmate and he couldnt. Claiming it was too advanced. Strange considering its only 2 components of reasonably high concentrations. I believe the original formulation was owned by BASF and licensed out.

http://www.ccwonline.com.au/msds/Hydramaster/HM%20KnockOut%20950-260.pdf
Ammonium Hydroxide & Hydrogen Peroxide

http://www.allianceuk.com/files/ww/Chemspec-MSDS/Chemspec_DyeGone_BM261-K.pdf
10% Ammonia : 35% Hydrogen Peroxide

From Wikipedia:

Ammonia solution, also known as ammonium hydroxide, ammonia water, ammonical liquor, ammonia liquor, aqua ammonia, aqueous ammonia, or simply ammonia, is a solution of ammonia in water. It can be denoted by the symbols NH3(aq). Although the name ammonium hydroxide suggests a base with composition [NH4+][OH−], it is actually impossible to isolate samples of NH4OH, as these ions do not comprise a significant fraction of the total amount of ammonia except in extremely dilute solutions

The DyeGone product is bottled in the UK as was Helpmate due to the shipping problems with the 2 components. That may be why the Knockout has a Ammonium Hydroxide rather than Ammonia. I dont know for sure just going on the above info.

Jim_77

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 04:08:13 pm »
Thanks mate, useful to know ;)

I actually misread your post above, thinking you meant dye gone WAS sod met!

Personally I have the base ingredients that I mix myself at point of use but can understand how many folks would like the hard work done for them and convenience of the sprayer bottle :)

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 05:55:30 pm »
I actually misread your post above, thinking you meant dye gone WAS sod met!

Please read more carefully in future.
Do you realise how long it took me to type all of that on an iPhone.

;D ;D

Jim_77

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 11:36:40 pm »
Well, happy accident I'd say!  Good to get a bit of info ;)