Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dave f

carbon fiber v composit
« on: January 26, 2014, 08:40:29 pm »
any body regulary use composit poles insted of carbon . ive been wondering about trying. buying one its purely a cost saving thing

Re: carbon fiber v composit
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 09:28:56 pm »
I used to have a compost pole . But I got rid cos it was poop

Simon Mess

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 09:31:23 pm »
I have a 30' elite hybrid carbon pole, it is VERY heavy!, though this is probably not helped by the bulky sill brush i have on the end of it (must get round to changing that). If i realized just how heavy it would feel in use, i prob wouldn't have bought it!. I also have had for the past 2 months or so, a gardiner clx 18', luckily i can use it for about 90% of my work, it is very light and easy to work with. In my opinion, for an everyday 18' or 22' pole, a gardiner slx doesn't offer enough of a weight advantage to justify the huge jump in price over a clx, but once you start getting up to 30'+, it would probably be worth saving a bit more and going for the full carbon pole.

SeanK

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 11:34:01 pm »
I'm using an SLX18 at the moment for 90% of my work but to be honest I actually
think the CLX18 is a better pole as its stronger, takes more abuse and doesn't leave your
hands black.
Providing you don't put a brick on the end of it there's very little difference in rigidity.
Anything longer and it would have to be full carbon.

Total shine cleaning services

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 12:10:53 am »
we use the clx 27 for 99% of our domestic-no complaints whatsoever..!

Graham

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 08:38:13 am »
Composite poles are usable at lower levels (30' max IMO) - - but Carbon is always more rigid & a bit lighter, which matters more & more the higher you go.

david mark

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 09:37:24 am »
clx 22 great pole no black hands good price got the 18 & 25 slx great poles but fed up washing black hands will stay with clx for my pole

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2014, 10:33:30 am »
i used to use a CLX 22 and worked just fine with it but it came up short on a few jobs and it was bendy at full stretch.

if i were you i wouldnt scrimp on your main day to day pole unless your really skint.which you shouldnt be if you ve been in this game for a few years.

if your serious about your business i would say save up and buy an extreme pole as your main pole because these are the lightest poles on the market and make your day to day work a breeze.

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

dave f

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2014, 06:15:18 pm »
im not skint ive 2 slx and a phonix carbon fiber poles all of my work is fairly easy no high leavel cleans

dd

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 08:36:47 am »
How do you find the slx compares to the Phoenix?

clx22 is a nice pole but the clx27 is not. I now have a slx25 which reaches everything the clx27 did and it is the only pole I use now.