Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stec74

groupon
« on: January 18, 2012, 07:27:40 pm »
has anbody heard of groupon ? and if so is it worth it/does it work ?. would like to find out more

steven Banks

Re: groupon
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 08:13:15 pm »
A much debated topic. Do a forum search.

king marko

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 04:13:30 pm »
Depends how much you need the work? I've heard you have to give as much as 50% to groupon - that's after the heavily discounted price to begin with!!

Wc Solutions

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 04:22:41 pm »
£100 worth of work for example.

you have to offer at least 50% off!

so the customers pay £50, groupon then take 50% of that!!

so you get only £25 of your £100!

Rita p

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 06:35:41 pm »
 Hi,
 Just to say if you've got a lot of money to give away to start of with then go for it but  all in all groupon  takes a BIG chunk, But i have been told that , you get  overwhelmed  with customers.

Rita

king marko

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 08:33:29 pm »
Hi,
 Just to say if you've got a lot of money to give away to start of with then go for it but  all in all groupon  takes a BIG chunk, But i have been told that , you get  overwhelmed  with customers.

Rita
That may be true - but how many ever become regular?? I'd love to find out
A lot of work for very little return in reality
I'm not that much of a gambler!!

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 07:12:28 am »
they take 50% then take another 20% for vat, all in all per customer they take 70% where you get 30%

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 10:04:44 am »
we got £11.40 for the deal we were talked into offering which was 2 rooms and a hall.

So each room was less than £4 and we had 1 repeat customer from 400 sold.

Any referals which were quite a few wanted it at the same price.

90% of our customers were the ones who could have afforded double our normal price, and not the low earners that we were aiming for (1 customer was a Sainsbury, and yes one of the supermarket chain family).

It destroyed my love of the job, and any remaining faith I had in human nature.........

This was just my experience doing groupon. Jason L on the other hand has had a positive experience, so choice is yours....

stec74

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 12:13:32 pm »
thanks for your input, think im gonna gine this groupon a big swerve and stick to my own canvassing,cheers.

Richard S

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 11:31:20 pm »
the best idea is to offer near nothing for nest to nothing but make sure you place big t&cs on there with surcharges gallore.
I saw one person do this and they seemed to get a load of sales too.
It may work for window cleaning but again its a risky thing unless you have loads of freetime to try it out.
it will give loads of traffic to your website and perhaps a bit of extra secondary sales.
If you offer on your website something to grab them on the landing page that could sell as easy as the offer on groupon you cut the middle man out.
I would offer savings on a regular clean prepaid system that is a special for website purchases.
best of luck either way.