Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

Went to Look at a Job Today
« on: January 18, 2012, 09:29:37 pm »
about a week ago a customer rang wanting us to do a quote for a clean.

Went round today as we were working locally (Exeter) to have a quick gander.

Knocked on door as you do, door opened, f*** me, did the smell get you, nearly knocked me off my feet. Cheeky cow, then turned and said "please dont leave the door open cos I dont want the cats to escape"

House looked OK from the outside.

Carpet Clean, I dont think so.................more like RSPCA, Environmental Health followed by Life of Grime.

And to top it all, she only wanted a quote for the Conservatory Carpet (guessing this was the only area that could be seen by the neighbours)

Anybody else had this situation.........

Billy Russell

Re: Went to Look at a Job Today
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 09:33:22 pm »
Yes, My mother in law!!!!!!!

I refused to clean her carpets due to the amount of dog poop and cat poop in the house and outside!!!! i wasn't very popular!!! Haven't been spoken to since!!! Not dirtying me TM for know one!!!

;D ;D ;D

Colin Day

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 09:36:59 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D

Jim_77

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 09:38:10 pm »
Yeah I did a quote for a "cat lady" once.  Same as you, door opens and it's as if you just took the top off a bottle of ammonia and took a bloody great lungful :-X

She wanted the suite and carpets doing.  Suite was run of the mill quality but horrendous.  Axminster carpet, probably 20 years old, most of it was soaked in cat pee.

I stayed long enough to be polite, wrote out a quote for at least double what I'd normally charge and saved her phone number as "don't answer".

Billy Russell

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 09:40:21 pm »
Yeah I did a quote for a "cat lady" once.  Same as you, door opens and it's as if you just took the top off a bottle of ammonia and took a bloody great lungful :-X

She wanted the suite and carpets doing.  Suite was run of the mill quality but horrendous.  Axminster carpet, probably 20 years old, most of it was soaked in cat pee.

I stayed long enough to be polite, wrote out a quote for at least double what I'd normally charge and saved her phone number as "don't answer".

aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh, i wondered who she called after i refused!!!!!!!

;D ;D ;D

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 09:55:09 pm »
She doesnt live in Honiton Devon does she ? Cos that lady is on my list of never to return to as when we were finished she said "Oh that looks lovely but it wont last, it will be back to normal in 3 months time" :-X

Paul Heath

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 10:14:07 pm »
send the Mrs round in 3 months time....test her new toy out.. ;D
Thinking of her all the time....

Craigp

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 11:04:29 pm »
Yes, My mother in law!!!!!!!

I refused to clean her carpets due to the amount of dog poop and cat poop in the house and outside!!!! i wasn't very popular!!! Haven't been spoken to since!!! Not dirtying me TM for know one!!!

;D ;D ;D

What do you do if you miss the mother in law?

RELOAD and try again!!

;D

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 12:59:58 pm »
I had one where the woman had 13 indoor cats. She said she could not smell anything. The carpet was rotten in the corners.
God must love stupid people---He made so many.