Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Phil @ Extreme Clean

any free software to create my own leaflets?
« on: January 13, 2012, 04:13:00 pm »
Hi doe's anyone know of any free software to create and design my own flyers before i send off to have some printed? Thanks.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

garry22

Re: any free software to create my own leaflets?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 04:39:57 pm »

Office Cleaning Company

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 04:45:11 pm »
Hi we just did a load (postcards rather than leaflets) I used vista print which has the a design / template built into the website, its not bad, obviously you dont have complete control over all of it as you would with your own software but its a fast and efficient way of doing it.
Low Cost Office and Commercial Cleaning Services for London and Essex Companies
http://www.ics-online.co.uk - We Clean Better You Save Money - Get your instant cleaning quote now

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 04:49:38 pm »
i do vistaprint postcards but there just 100 free i'm thinking around 5000 flyers.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 04:56:07 pm »
most printesr have stringent guideline to how the the leaflet is submitted both in format and size, i have had loads of stuff returned by printcarrier because it was not correct.

pay someone to do it right

or use Ms sotware like publisher but save it as a Jpeg or PDF
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Jim_77

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 05:42:09 pm »
Phil, having the software is one thing... having the ability to use it properly is another thing altogether!

Chances are if you're any good at graphic design you'd have the tools already.  Trust me it's a lot bloody harder than it looks!!  Do you have any mates who are graphic/web designers?  So many people into it these days I'd be surprised if you didn't know at least one person.

They could hook you up with some software (Adobe Photoshop is the industry standard) and give you a crash course.  But it's easy to waste hours and hours of your time trying to do something you don't have the skills for.  You could "cartoon" a few flyer designs and give them to someone with graphic design skills... they would knock up in half an hour what it might take you a week or two to make, and do it better too!

Just a different angle for you mate :)

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 06:05:51 pm »
ya rite there Jim lol i think i'l giv it a miss and get the pro's to do it haha.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

jim mca

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 06:12:57 pm »
Phil

Try serif page plus free edition

Jim

cannon

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 08:14:10 pm »
Give Mark a ring at DP design, he will put something nice together for you usually within a few days.

http://www.cheapleaflets.net/

Your time is better spent out delivering them rather than designing them. You could have them designed printed and in your house ready for delivery in probably a little over a week.

I went through a phase where i wanted to put a website together, in the end I spent many hours putting something together that looks poor and currently sits on page 4 or something where no one will ever see it.

Great prices as well

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 08:32:47 pm »
cheers mate roughly what kind of prices say for 5000 ?
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

Jim_77

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 08:39:07 pm »
Approximately £76.99 IF YOU LOOK!!!! ;)

jasonl

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 08:54:55 pm »
I am sorry to pick at this thread , but in a previous one you laugh at someone with a Bissell  charging to clean carpets , now you want to design leaflets , there are degree courses in graphic design , it is not a simple art , even some of the big names in print churn out leaflets that do not work , expect to pay 100-150 for a decent design , if you already have a logo, photos and text .
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2012, 09:07:56 pm »
I am sorry to pick at this thread , but in a previous one you laugh at someone with a Bissell  charging to clean carpets , now you want to design leaflets , there are degree courses in graphic design , it is not a simple art , even some of the big names in print churn out leaflets that do not work , expect to pay 100-150 for a decent design , if you already have a logo, photos and text .
Jason i justed wanted something so i could get a feel of what i sort of want them to look like cause it's hard when shoppin online knowing how i want them to look i wanted to experiment before i throw my money at it
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

cannon

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2012, 09:31:50 pm »
I know what you mean Philip but you really can put your trust in DP design. The good thing about Mark is he designs alot of leaflets for carpet cleaners and has for quite a while.

He has examples on his site but I could prob send you a copy of what he has done for me.

jasonl

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2012, 10:20:51 pm »
People per hour.com will throw up some good design talent too if on a budget.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Barry Livingstone

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2012, 11:08:56 am »
there's an old saying work on your business not in it!
Carpet, Upholstery cleaning & hard floor cleaning.
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

stec74

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2012, 11:18:01 am »
hi i used a company called (eyedeedesighn.co.uk), found them on ebey. i got 5000 double sided litho print flyers and he done the design for me for 79quid deliverd, and 500 cards the same as the flyers for 49 quid. both arrived in 2wks and was fantastic quality. well worth it

geoff farmer

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2012, 07:36:54 am »
I,m a complete newbie and designed my own flyers in an hour, uploaded my own pics etc, nicked wording from other CC ads, they cost me £69 for 7500 delivered. From design to my door 5 days.
http://print24.com/uk//