Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Seymour Sunshine

Helpful answers
« on: January 11, 2012, 08:26:54 am »
I've written my own thread showing a question and some possible helpful answers from a carpet cleaners forum:

Q - I've got a big job tomorrow with difficult access and urgently need to borrow 100 feet of 2" vacuum hose. Can anyone help me?

A1 - I can lend you some polypropylene rope. How much do you need?

A2 - You don't want vacuum hose, you want ladies' hose LOL

A3 - What length and size hose do you want?

A4 - Sorry. I haven't got any.

A5 - I hope you're using smooth-bore hose. It's much better.

A6 - You can borrow some from me. Just drop in to the Isle of Skye on your way from Northampton to Bodmin.

A7 - Why don't you just stretch the hose that you've already got. Then you won't need to borrow any.

A8 - You can't be a proper professional if you need to borrow hose. As a professional you should have at least 15,000 m of 4 inch hose running off a 15 MWatt Foden 40-ton artic-mounted vacuum unit with a 15000 psi injection pump running pure acetic acid followed by a sodium metahydroxyacetylamylaselactate rinse.

A9 - Why don't you park your van on the roof (using a helicopter to get it there) and drop your hose down through a window.

A10 - I'd turn the job down. It sounds like too much hassle for little reward.

A11 - Leave it to the professionals.

A12 - I've got some, but it's smelly and I don't know how to clean it.

A13 - I've got a spare 1.8 m length of 32 mm. Any good to you?

A14 - Ernie Blott from West Eastham used to have some in his shed. I'll be seeing him next Tuesday, so I'll ask him.

A15 - Why don't you bonnet it? That's what I'd do.

A16 - What's the job? Is it well priced?
Banjo players are sent from heaven ... to make drummers look good.

Colin Day

Re: Helpful answers
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 09:01:12 am »
???

Really helpful.... :-\

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 09:26:59 am »
I've written my own thread showing a question and some possible helpful answers from a carpet cleaners forum:

Q - I've got a big job tomorrow with difficult access and urgently need to borrow 100 feet of 2" vacuum hose. Can anyone help me?

A1 - I can lend you some polypropylene rope. How much do you need?

A2 - You don't want vacuum hose, you want ladies' hose LOL

A3 - What length and size hose do you want?

A4 - Sorry. I haven't got any.

A5 - I hope you're using smooth-bore hose. It's much better.

A6 - You can borrow some from me. Just drop in to the Isle of Skye on your way from Northampton to Bodmin.

A7 - Why don't you just stretch the hose that you've already got. Then you won't need to borrow any.

A8 - You can't be a proper professional if you need to borrow hose. As a professional you should have at least 15,000 m of 4 inch hose running off a 15 MWatt Foden 40-ton artic-mounted vacuum unit with a 15000 psi injection pump running pure acetic acid followed by a sodium metahydroxyacetylamylaselactate rinse.

A9 - Why don't you park your van on the roof (using a helicopter to get it there) and drop your hose down through a window.

A10 - I'd turn the job down. It sounds like too much hassle for little reward.

A11 - Leave it to the professionals.

A12 - I've got some, but it's smelly and I don't know how to clean it.

A13 - I've got a spare 1.8 m length of 32 mm. Any good to you?

A14 - Ernie Blott from West Eastham used to have some in his shed. I'll be seeing him next Tuesday, so I'll ask him.

A15 - Why don't you bonnet it? That's what I'd do.

A16 - What's the job? Is it well priced?

;D ;D ;D

AshWhite

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 10:10:55 am »
Funny, but I think it detracts from the amount of help that is genuinely given on the forum.

I have personally learnt loads from my short time on the forum, as well as having a laugh at some of the replies. Part of the attraction is that its not taken too seriously.

But still, quite funny  ;D
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

derek west

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 11:37:05 am »
hi james, i haven't got any hose but ive invented a fantastic way of cleaning it when you give it back, get your self a hose pipe and block the end off, then make holes in the side of the hose pipe for the water to come out, that way when you feed it through your vac hose it cleans the sides. genious don't ya think.

ps...any other way of cleaning it is pants.

pps A17, have you tried a TACCA member? ;D ;D ;D

Jim_77

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 04:23:20 pm »
The problem with forums is that sometimes people ask questions but don't like the answers they get - they seem to be just wanting others to agree with them, which we all know is not the case!

If you don't want peoples' opinions, keep it to yourself :)

Seymour Sunshine

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 04:52:56 pm »
The problem with forums is that sometimes people ask questions but don't like the answers they get - they seem to be just wanting others to agree with them, which we all know is not the case!

If you don't want peoples' opinions, keep it to yourself :)

As you yourself said: "Lighten up I'm jossin with you."
Banjo players are sent from heaven ... to make drummers look good.