Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

creighton foyle

what will get out emulsion
« on: January 08, 2012, 04:24:17 pm »
got a job to do a week monday carpets are fairly clean but for two large emulsion spills and a couple of gloss spots,  i intend trying water based nitromorse on the gloss (unless someone advises something better) but would like some advice on the emulsion, i have lowered the customers expectations for both stains.

jim mca

Re: what will get out emulsion
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 04:47:08 pm »
I use eco pog from solutions for gloss and one of there other spotters for emulsion either spot solve or rx

Jim

Jim_77

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 05:23:45 pm »
On the emulsion patches, the best thing you can do is get the stain wetted up at least 24 hours beforehand, with an old towel on it weighted down by something heavy.  The longer it's wet for the looser the paint will be.

I would first of all extract the areas with a hand tool using as much grunt as your equipment has got, then treat what remains.

markpowell

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 06:47:44 pm »
White spirit in a spray bottle always works a treat for me
Mark

creighton foyle

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 10:36:16 am »
thanks guys, i have got the solutions spotters mentioned.

The Great One

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 02:46:35 pm »
Hi

Gloss is solvent based, so not sure of using a water based product to remove, yu normally need a solvent to get one out (unless it's water based gloss)

Martin 8)

peter maybury

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 10:11:17 pm »
Methalated spirit is very cheap and the most effective thing for disolving dried emulsion paint.  It will not destroy the backing on latex or gel backing on carpet like White spirits and turps, which are great on wet gloss but totally useless on dried paint. (Being paint thinners they have been formulated for that pupose)

Peter
www.carpetcleanercardiff.com