Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

sezzle72

LM, VLM?? Help please
« on: January 05, 2012, 01:32:15 pm »
 Hi all,
I've always used the HWE method as had it rammed down my throat as being the best method, but reading through various threads i think it is about time i took the plunge and invested in other methods!
i know NOTHING  about these two methods other than what i have seen on here.
Please advise
And be gentle  ???

Aquakleen Restoration Services

Re: LM, VLM?? Help please
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 02:34:34 pm »
Hi Sarah

I use both LM and HWE. I only use LM on low profile carpeting found in schools, banks, shops etc... while I use HWE for ALL domestic work. The results with LM on low profile carpets is terrific if done correctly. Pre vacuum first with a professional vacuum cleaner (Kirby, Sebo). My preferred solution is Surround Free (dilution rate is 60:1).

http://www.restormate.co.uk/epages/15094.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/15094/Products/0006l

I spray the carpet lightly with the Surround then dip a pad in the solution and ring out thoroughly.

I did a video last year of me cleaning a school carpet:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx1xxZF7Z4A

The equipment used was purchased from Restormate where they do a great entry-level package here:

http://www.restormate.co.uk/epages/15094.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/15094/Products/RotaryPack

I got my money back the first job I did!

There are companies out there using LM for commercial and domestic which Im not a fan of!

It is easier than wanding, no chance of wickback and dry in about 30-60 mins so hope thats helped

John

Jim_77

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 03:11:36 pm »
I don't think there's any "plunge" to be taken as such, seems as the kit you need for LM and VLM is kit you should have already.

The good thing about trying out something like (for example) bonnet cleaning a carpet instead of extracting it, is that you're basically pre-spraying and agitating the same as if you would before HWE.  So if you don't think it's good enough, fire up and extract.

VLM (as in dry compound)... I think many people (your cue, Martin :D) would say they only get it out when there's no other option, e.g. carpets made from sisal/seagrass etc

sezzle72

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 09:33:58 pm »
Firstly can i say thank you to you both for taking the time to reply, much appreciated!!!

and secondly which dry compound would you recommend??

Sarah

Jim_77

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 09:54:52 pm »
No problemo :)

I've used very little dry compound in my time, but currently have this one which is very good.  It has a fantastic fresh lemon fragrance which is nice (or at least the last lot did, haven't bought any for a while, it might have been changed!).

jim mca

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 10:57:55 pm »
Sarah

I have used chemspecs with good results when I was down at cleansmart I met a bone dry franchisee and he recommended host sponges