Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

M.Acorn

Problem with my Sebo duo
« on: December 22, 2011, 11:57:20 am »
Using it yesterday on a minging through lounge,and one of the brushes has stopped turning,the rear one,before I strip it down,what should I be looking for,is there a belt ?
Done a google for spares,and not really many availabe,that I can see.Must be 3 or so years old now,and it's the first problem I have had,before you all start going on about what a disaster I am   ;D
Merry youl
What goes around comes around

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

Re: Problem with my Sebo duo
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 12:01:49 pm »
First i would check for debris or even carpet thread that is stopping the brush. The brushes are really easy to take off. There is 2 caps on the side. 2 screws then just pull the brushes out.

M.Acorn

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 12:22:54 pm »
Yeah it gets cleaned regularly ,will strip it down and have a look.cheers

garry22

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 12:39:08 pm »
Mark,

I have not had mine apart for years but there are belts.

Take a look at this (page 9)...

http://www.sebo.us/pdfs/website_owners_manualsPDFs/Duo%20Manual.pdf

wayne zabel

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 01:05:52 pm »
Exactly same thing happened to me 3 weeks ago,ordered new belt from Cleansmart,cost about £8

Helen

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 05:16:42 pm »
Using it yesterday on a minging through lounge,and one of the brushes has stopped turning,the rear one,before I strip it down,what should I be looking for,is there a belt ?
Done a google for spares,and not really many availabe,that I can see.Must be 3 or so years old now,and it's the first problem I have had,before you all start going on about what a disaster I am   ;D
Merry youl

Hey, you haven't had a breakdown for ages....or at least not told us about it......so, come on, sod's law says you were due one ;D
It's yule, not youl, so hope you haven't put that on all your Xmas cards ;D ;D ;D Have a good one!

Mark_Jubb

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 05:38:44 pm »
Mark, if the belt's intact, then the bearing has seized up. Pretty straight forward to replace.  Best to change them in pairs, but keep the one that isn't seized as an emergency spare. IIRC I got my last ones from Solution.
If there isn't enough time to do the job right,  how do we find the time to go back and do it again when the customer is not happy ?   Do it right the 1st Time.
NCCA Member 1399.  Swindon, Wiltshire

M.Acorn

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 08:08:43 pm »
Hey, you haven't had a breakdown for ages....or at least not told us about it......so, come on, sod's law says you were due one Grin
It's yule, not youl, so hope you haven't put that on all your Xmas cards Grin Grin Grin Have a good one!

I have changed my negative thinking habits Helen,and it's made the world of difference to everything !!!
And yes it's Yule,sorry typo,still getting used to me new keyboard  ;D
Not got around to looking at it yet,but thanks for the input,parts can be got through Restormate  ;D

wynne jones

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 10:01:29 pm »
When things go wrong for me Mark I think of you and think well it could be worse. Report back with any future mishaps or equipment failures. ;D

It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2011, 10:13:55 pm »
When things go wrong for me Mark I think of you and think well it could be worse. Report back with any future mishaps or equipment failures. ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

jim mca

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2011, 10:26:52 pm »
Mark

Think yourself lucky on this one a belt for the flexi5 is £96+vat

Jim

Jim_77

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2011, 12:18:26 am »
Just get it apart mate, it's such a simple machine you'll soon find out what's up with it :)