Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

seamus campbell

100% acrylic shag pile rug
« on: December 21, 2011, 04:08:02 pm »
Hello, Can anyone yell me the best way to clean this rug,it has about a 50mm pile lenght and was considering just a good vac . prespray and the going over  with my handtool, and then letting it dry flat. any help much appreciated

Seamus

Jim_77

Re: 100% acrylic shag pile rug
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 08:52:43 pm »
Most of the work on it probably needs to be done with the rug face-down.  Hopefully you've got a good machine to back-dust because it'll spit all sorts of stuff out at you, probably bits of Lego in there, maybe a pair of false teeth or even the customer's long lost Aunt who came round last Christmas!

A combination of back-dusting and vigorous shaking whilst face-down will get the majority of the crud out of it, then to vac the face pile I would use a cylinder vac with upholstery tool, alternating between steady slow strokes and vigorous back & forth ones to flick up the rest of the debris.

Then pre-spray, extract , groom and blow it dry as usual :)

steven Banks

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 12:06:12 am »
it'll spit all sorts of stuff out at you, probably bits of Lego in there, maybe a pair of false teeth or even the customer's long lost Aunt who came round last Christmas!

Honestly, some of your posts crack me up!  ;D ;D
Keep the whit flowing...

K.O. Glanville

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 06:22:27 am »
I first vacuum as best as possible, both sides.

Then it's up on my tower, then use the air compressor with a small nozzle to blow the crud out prior to soaking, scrub, rinse and extract, then back up on the tower to dry.

Pull down when dry, groom, roll-up, tie and deliver.

I have a real #^%$$ of a rug, 10 x 8 foot, heavy as when dry, very testing when wet.

I've done it three times now for an elderly, incontinent couple.  :o :'(

NO MORE !!!

Crikey, I'm nearly as old as they are.  ;D